SMB Media Sales Manager
Taboola helps people find relevant content online, matching them with news stories, articles, blogs, videos, apps, products and other content they’re likely to want to explore. How do we know what they’ll like? Using machine-learning algorithms, our technology analyzes hundreds of signals to capture exactly what kind of content is most likely to engage each individual. We do that more than 450 billion times a month for more than one billion unique users. Since we opened our doors in 2006, we have grown to become the leading discovery platform on the open web, serving a combination of the world’s best brands and the most respected global publishers. Taboola is headquartered in New York City with local offices in Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Bangkok, São Paulo, Beijing, Shanghai, Istanbul, Seoul, Sydney and Tokyo.
We are seeking a Manager, SMB Media Sales, who will mentor and drive day-to-day productivity of an inside sales team of media sellers, with varying levels of individual sales and industry experience, calling on our small- and medium-sized advertiser segments.
This individual will contribute to our continued growth by advocating the power of our platform to qualified brand, agency, publisher and direct response advertisers, and by coaching sales associates and sales executives in their efforts doing the same. A successful candidate will showcase a passion to learn, will put his or her people and customers first, and will conduct oneself with patience, resolve and a sense of professional urgency.
In this role, the Manager, SMB Media Sales will have every opportunity to grow as an aspiring sales leader, by coaching and motivating direct reports, perfecting an ability to identify/communicate value and dictate change in prospect and client behavior, and scaling a sales organization supporting the continued success of a leading player within a fast-paced industry.
- Drive revenue growth by consistently developing, closing and scaling a pipeline of successful SMB and Middle-Market advertiser opportunities; across brand, agency, publisher and direct response
- Develop relationships with prospective clients through phone, email, social media, in-person meetings/client entertainment and professional networking events
- Act as an internal advocate for clients and return client/market-driven insights to Managers and Product, as needed, to make sure Taboola is providing effective solutions and a best-in-class level of service for its partners
- Learn, evangelize, position, and sell successful advertising strategies, both creative and technical, across a range of industries and types of businesses
- Mentor and help expedite onboarding for junior- and mid-level sellers, by way of weekly team and one-on-one meetings, regular sales training, and coaching toward professional development
- Get involved in everyday pipeline development, by ensuring direct reports master the basic principles of Taboola, advertising/digital media, and full funnel pipeline management
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) from either a college or university
- 4+ years of experience in sales
- 1-2 years of inside sales team management a must
- 2+ years of experience in the digital advertising industry preferred, but not required
- Passionate about advertising, media, technology and consumer trends
- Strong business acumen, curiosity to uncover value, and an ability to present and communicate ideas/concepts effectively
- Ability to exercise consistent emotional intelligence, professionalism and persistence
- Comfortable working in a team environment, and across departments (e.g. Account Management, Finance, Legal)
- Ability to navigate and communicate with both internal (Taboola) and external (client) teams
- Prior experience with Salesforce (or another CRM system) and related productivity tools, as well as reporting