The Muse helps people navigate their entire career journey. We offer expert advice alongside a job search experience that’s engaging and doesn’t suck. We help companies recruit top talent from a diverse pool of qualified candidates by showing our millions of readers what it’s like to work there before they even apply.
The Muse strives to make work more human by being a trusted resource for millions of people as they seek career satisfaction—not just another job. Companies partner with The Muse as they look to attract and retain the best talent by living an authentic and compelling employer story. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between companies and candidates to make the world of work—from the job search to career development—more personal.
As an Account Executive, you’ll have the opportunity to help companies like Slack, Facebook, and Squarespace amplify and improve their employer brand, putting them in a position to be more competitive in today’s war for talent.
- You’ll drive the full sales cycle, continuously seeking creative strategies to attain new business.
- You’ll surface exciting new revenue opportunities and be responsible for cultivating a healthy pipeline in partnership with our marketing and SDR teams.
- You’ll develop a deep expertise of The Muse, our employer branding solutions, and the talent industry.
- You’ll help companies reveal their authentic brand story, recommending custom solutions that bring these stories to life and give job seekers insight into their values and culture.
- You’ll do whatever it takes to exceed your monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- You’ll leverage a robust sales tech stack including Salesforce, Linkedin Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, Chorus, ConnectAndSell, and DiscoverOrg.
- You have 2-3 years of experience in a consultative sales role and a track record of exceeding quota.
- You have an extreme hunger to be successful and do whatever it takes to win.
- You have thrived in a startup or similar environment where the only constant is change—You can handle ambiguity and adapt to new information quickly.
- You embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them.
- You’re resilient—When it comes to winning new business, you know that every no gets you closer to a yes.
- You’re naturally curious and invest time and energy into learning more about the sales process, your prospects, and the solutions you’re selling.
- You hustle! All that preparedness doesn’t slow you down.
- You’ll be surrounded by a competitive, driven team of people who are unstoppable in their determination to win.
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!