Business Development Associate
TrendWatching inspires meaningful innovation. Powered by a network of 3,000+ trend spotters globally and an in-house team of Trend Experts on five continents, TrendWatching has been delivering unrivalled, cross-industry insight into the key shifts in consumer behaviour - and uncovering profitable innovation opportunities arising from them - since 2002. We coined the term ‘pop-up’ back in 2004 and announced the death of traditional demographics in 2014. Whether it’s through our Free Monthly Publications, Premium Service, Trend Seminars, Presentations & Workshops, we help future-focused professionals build brands that matter, products that delight and campaigns people can’t stop talking about. Over 96% of Interbrand’s top 100 most valuable global brands use TrendWatching to discover game-changing opportunities and keep up to date with key shifts in consumer behaviour.
TrendWatching is looking for an ambitious junior sales executive to support our burgeoning Business Development team in New York. Working with our Business Development Director of the Americas, you'll be responsible for providing a range of sales skills to help drive our business development efforts through to closing, namely supporting sales of our key product, TW:Premium.
The role would suit someone with an analytical approach, sharp communication skills, and intellectually curious mind. The ideal candidate will have worked with CRMs (preferably with experience of HubSpot) and have a track record of extracting useful insights from the data and translating those into actionable opportunities.
You'll know how to craft an email campaign, from creating copy through to implementing the appropriate sequences and templates, drawing on your own experiences and industry best practice on what the most effective approach would be. You'll be comfortable tracking the progress of leads through to closing deals. You'll know when to step up the effort on a 'hot' prospects and when to release the pressure on 'cool' leads.
Working out of our Manhattan WeWork premises, you'll be part of a dynamic and growing team. Our New York office represents the vanguard of TrendWatching as we expand further into North America, and your role will be crucial to the effective scaling of sales and operations in the US and beyond. As such, you need to be a driven self-starter, and have an idea of how a B2B SaaS sales organisation should work. You'll be developing sales campaigns that speak to the likes of Disney, Hilton, Frito-Lay, MasterCard, Unilever, Publicis, MediaCom and more - helping them embrace the potential of TrendWatching to understand how their customers think and behave.
- Using our HubSpot CRM to identify potential clients to reach out to, as well as looking at existing clients for upgrade opportunities.
- Write copy, plan and implement the appropriate sequences and templates, and monitor your work to ensure we are maximizing our effectiveness and converting our opportunities
- Responding to interested leads and scheduling introduction calls or demos (you'll quickly be expected to be delivering these sales calls and demos yourself!)
- Consistently and stubbornly following up on leads that could turn into our next big opportunity - you won't ever bury a lead as dead until you're 110% sure it's not going to pan out
- Always looking to improve our sales effectiveness and improve the way we deliver value to our customers.
- 1-3 years of sales experience, ideally in B2B SaaS, with demonstrable experience delivering results. Alternatively, a strong degree with sales modules from a top university would be considered.
- Able to not only draw on your own experiences, but also continuously learn shifting industry best practices.
- Team player comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines.
- You'll have a global mindset and have no problem working across timezones with colleagues in Singapore and London.
- Needless to say, a passion for customer trends and business innovations is a basic requirement.
- Interact with our top-notch client roster in the Americas
- Work for a smart, open-minded leadership team who encourage feedback and reward creative thinking
- Work remotely on occasion
- Travel opportunities, especially to our London office
- Pet-friendly WeWork in Manhattan’s Soho neighborhood with access to great food and coffee + beer on tap!
- 20 days of paid holiday