Manager of Commercial Sales
TripActions is the leading global business travel platform that empowers companies and travelers to show up and create growth. Nothing can truly replicate the value of being there face-to-face –– which is why we’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward. Companies deserve a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips so that their travelers can focus on being there, not getting there. With a vast selection of inventory and a personalized, intuitive user interface, we make booking travel fast and easy. And when changes or delays come up, road warriors get 24/7 proactive support to ensure they never have to fend for themselves. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems. To support our customers no matter where they are in the world, we have physical footprints around the globe – currently in Palo Alto, San Francisco, Dallas, New York City, Sydney, Amsterdam and London. With 34% in savings, companies love us. With 97% satisfaction, travelers prefer us. Learn more about why innovative customers across various industries, including Dropbox, Lyft, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Robinhood and the ACLU trust TripActions to support their business travel at www.tripactions.com We are here to get you there. Let’s go!
As TripActions continues to see significant adoption in the market and grow 20%+ MoM, we are looking for a Sales Manager, Commercial to help lead, train, coach, scale, and motivate a team of high performing, quota crushing Commercial Account Executives. This role will report directly to the VP of Inside Sales. TripActions is looking for a natural leader who loves to sell, is energized by nurturing and developing people, can scale an effective process, and is exceptional at inspiring customers and prospects through a fast-cycle, complex sales process.
You will be able to work out of the San Francisco office, and will manage a team of 8-10 Account executives as a front line manager and ultimately drive net new revenue growth.
- Hire and continue to build out a team of exceptional Account Executives
- Connect Account Executives to key resources and clear roadblocks, enabling them to achieve and/or exceed their revenue goals
- Oversee day-to-day activity of your AE team members and monitor performance goals while providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and guidance through weekly 1:1s and or ad hoc discussions
- Develop and report sales revenue forecasts based on visibility into direct and partner pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Track CAE team activity and performance metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis
- Develop, Train and Inspire team members on a daily basis and recognize and reward accomplishments and contribution including competitions and spiffs
- Develop and refine best practices and ensure adherence to Salesforce usage as well as accurate forecasting practices
- Support team growth by developing and/or maintaining content for onboarding, training, scripts, and playbooks
- 3+ years experience as a sales leader/manager
- Demonstrable success in leading/managing inside or field sales teams with a SaaS product and solution sales approach
- 3+ years as an individual, closing role specific, sales person within the technology and/or travel industries
- Track record in building organizations and hiring and training top talent, particularly in a hyper-growth start-up environment
- Strong leadership experience, with a focus on training, coaching and motivation
- Expert knowledge of the full sales cycle, from prospecting, cold calling through to negotiation and closing
- Ability to function in “Player/Coach” role that includes customer facing engagement
- Ability to understand, articulate, and lead complex sales processes
- Technical aptitude, and ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top performance in successive roles