Troops is a building an artificially intelligent assistant for work. Our investors include First Round Capital, Founder Collective, Next View Ventures, Great Oaks Capital, Chicago Ventures, Vast Ventures and other notable angel investors. We're also hiring. Visit Troops.ai for more information.
Troops is looking for our first dedicated Account Manager to support our growing list of paid accounts across the country.
This is a unique opportunity to get a front-row seat at a high-growth startup working with some of the best logos and fastest growing companies in the world. You will learn from proven startup veterans in a B2B environment working on an exciting product that is creating a new category.
You’ll be working side by side with the company founders as well as leadership across Sales, Product, and Engineering to build out an impactful, scalable account management function.
Troops is building intelligent software to help millions of people automate key workflows, eliminate busy work, and bring insights to make work easier. We have raised venture capital financing from firms like First Round Capital, Next View Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Slack, and others. We were recently selected to be in Bloomberg’s list of 50 most promising startups out of a field of 50,000 companies. The last time this list was created 8 years ago, other companies selected included Evernote, Spotify, Etsy, Zynga, Palantir, and Twitch. That selection of companies would have been the second-best performing VC portfolio of all time.
As a member of the Growth team, you will work with our Head of Customer Success to help us retain and expand a fast-growing list of paid accounts. We have a tremendous opportunity not only to make our accounts wildly successful and Troops fans for life but also to deepen our relationships by identifying additional pain points we are well equipped to solve.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and retaining our highest-value paid accounts
- Being the trusted point of contact for these accounts
- Developing incredibly strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Capturing ROI and iterating on feedback (QBRs, scheduled check-ins, etc.)
- Growing key accounts
- Exploring additional value-add use cases
- Working to penetrate new parts of organizations
- Identifying and/or running upsell processes beginning to end
- Supporting customer acquisition efforts through referrals, case studies, etc.
- Helping to represent the “voice of the customer” to the Product team
- Key measurements will be: retention, growth (both features and revenue), and customer satisfaction
- Has 2-4 years of experience in a similar customer-facing role
- Has incredible communication (oral and written) and relationship-building skills
- Loves working with people to drive outcomes
- Doesn’t give up
- Appreciates the detail, persistence, and proactivity required to deliver a strong customer experience
- Is an expert planner and organizer
- Follows through on all their commitments
- Can quantify their intuition with data and analysis
- Has a track record of excellence and achievement
- Can work autonomously but knows when to ask for help when needed
- Preferred candidates have operated in a SaaS environment that is a mix of both higher- and lower-value accounts and is comfortable with Salesforce, Slack, Looker, and Excel.
As our first Account Manager, this is also a tremendous opportunity to help “build the playbook” based on best practices and experimentation. As a small, growing company, we are looking for someone who will both get their hands dirty with the details, then clean up and go present to executives.