Account Executive – Territory West
At Universe, our mission is simple: Bring people together in real life through events. Founded in Toronto in 2011, we've built a platform for people to discover and create events all over the world. In 2015, Universe was acquired by Live Nation Entertainment and has continued its rapid growth, doubling the size of the team since the acquisition. To date, we have six offices around the globe - Toronto, San Francisco, New York City, London, Melbourne, and Hong Kong. Together, we've built a community of over 50,000 event organizers and hundreds of thousands of fans who are the heart of our company.
Universe is growing fast and we’re seeking an ambitious, bright, and forward-thinking Account Executive to help us close more clients. Your main objective will be to increase Universe’s client base (i.e. event organizers) within our West Territory. You will work with your team lead and territory team members to identify market opportunities, prospect new clients, and close deals across the region. You will manage multiple accounts focused on events across a variety of industries and be the thought-leader on how Universe can best suited their event needs.
Position based in San Francisco.
- Responding to prospective clients’ emails and phone calls
- Scheduling and conducting meetings with qualified leads
- Onboarding new clients, negotiating contracts
- Understanding Universe’s technology and value propositions
- Keeping Universe’s U.S. Sales management informed by maintaining accurate records within Salesforce.com
- Providing Universe Product team with key insights into customer needs
- MINIMUM of 1 year of direct sales experience, sourcing leads, closing deals, managing relationships, etc…
- A creative, solution-oriented sales person with the ability to uncover customer needs and suggest the best Universe solution for their event goals
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented to achieve goals
- Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, self-starter who can identify new and creative ways to support sales in your territory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous sales experience and proven track record of exceeding targets
- Self-starter and true entrepreneur at heart
- Strong business sense and understands technology and how to efficiently use it