Sales Development Associate
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million American households that relocate every year. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, connect TV and internet, compare and book moving companies, transfer utilities, update accounts and records, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to property management companies and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save their clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience. The Updater team shares a common passion for addressing the unmet needs of today's busy mover. From jugglers to fashionistas to geeks, we're a pretty diverse bunch! Working at Updater might include serving as the rotating office DJ, team drinks/dancing, happy hours, late nights, bad jokes, and lots of (fun) surprises. Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including Fidelity International, SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), and more. Updater was named a top 100 Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC twice and was ranked as the highest rated tech company on the list in 2016. In 2019, Updater was named as one of Built In NYC’s Best Places to Work. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Dreading making that next cold call?
Of course you're not - you're a sales opening machine and trim your fingernails extra short so they don't get in the way of efficient dialing! The good news: at Updater, you'll be surrounded by like-minded people who aren't afraid to bang the gong in the brand-new Updater sales office, where we've got insanely aggressive sales targets and a team full of people who are just crazy enough to commit to them. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a sales team from the ground floor, working with proven sales directors from top industry startups. Plus, you'll be selling a product that helps make moving suck less - who can't get behind that?
Updater makes moving easier for the 45 million Americans on the move every year. Updater users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Additionally, thousands of relocation professionals (from real estate brokers to property managers) rely on Updater's business solutions to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater experience.
The Updater team shares a common passion for addressing the unmet needs of today's busy mover. From jugglers to fashionistas to geeks, we're a pretty diverse bunch!
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised $10 million from SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of REALTORS®), and leading angel investors.
A month at Updater might include:
- CEO in a Sea Captain hat
- Rotating office DJ
- Group outings and events
- Bad jokes & misguided humor
- Late nights
- Tall Boy Fridays
- Team lunches & happy hours
- Identifying and qualifying prospects and sales leads
- Generating new accounts and closing sales opportunities using your superior presentation, management and negotiation skills
- Effectively presenting the tremendous benefits of custom Updater technology
- Developing new client relationships and leveraging existing and past client relationships to build and manage a sustained pipeline of opportunities
- You have 2+ years of experience in a revenue generating sales environment (emphasis on software and real estate industry preferred)
- Experience opening new lines of business
- You have experience structuring and negotiating agreements that drive new revenue
- You maintain accurate and timely records and negotiate all contracts independently
- You have outstanding sales and presentation skills
- You are a great team player and people love working with you