Head of Platform Sales - U.S.
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via's mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a premium vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in the United States and in Europe through its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans, ViaVan. Via's technology is also deployed worldwide through dozens of partner projects with public transportation agencies, private transit operators, taxi fleets, private companies, and universities, seamlessly integrating with public transit infrastructure to power cutting-edge on-demand mobility. We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited about getting in on the ground floor of a fast-growing start-up; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done.
As Head of Platform Sales – U.S., you’ll implement our domestic sales strategy from start to finish. You will build and manage a regionally-aligned sales team, establish a robust pipeline of sales opportunities, and provide strategic guidance on engaging and converting all Europe-based leads. You’ll also become an expert on the Via platform and will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business to drive product and operational improvements.
- Spearhead Via’s sales efforts in the U.S. by writing and executing your own sales playbook
- Develop and lead a regional and functionally aligned sales team focused on the state, local and education transportation markets
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of sales opportunities with a focus on strategic accounts
- Provide strategic guidance to sales teams throughout the full sales cycle by serving as the expert on all things sales
- Become an expert on the Via platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, and impact for clients
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Finance, Expansion, Growth, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Be the face of Via across the country, speaking at conferences, establishing key relationships with the press and advising on local marketing plans
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, and pricing trends -- and succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that we’re always one step ahead
- Over time, build and manage a team of sales and customer success representatives
- An outstanding track record in enterprise software/SaaS sales (10+ years), preferably in fast-paced product-driven environments
- Expertise in prospecting and developing relationships with senior level officials and executives
- A history of demonstrated quota achievement and consistent territory growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement -- you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility and ambiguity
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% as needed
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier institution; advanced degree a plus
- Experience at a start-up and/or in the mobility sector a plus