Sales Development Representative
We develop a platform that automatically searches, indexes, and retrieves content from video archives and live streams. On top of the search and machine-learning core, we have built the most advanced video monitoring, alert, and summary report system on the market today, helping clients understand the contents of their videos and find the information they care about quickly. Our clients include some of the world's leading media companies, including NBC and the AP, multiple government agencies, and think tanks. CEO and CTO Joseph Ellis and Daniel Morozoff founded Vidrovr while PhD Students in the Digital Video and Multimedia Lab at Columbia University, and Prof. Shih-Fu Chang, of Columbia Engineering, continues to advise the company. The team has published and patented foundational research in machine learning, computer vision, and multimodal information processing. We are backed by top-tier VCs, including Samsung Next, 415, R/GA, Techstars, and leading angels on both the east and west coast. You can learn more about the company at vidrovr.com. Interested in joining us? We're looking for intellectually curious engineers excited about working on computer vision and video applications. Please introduce yourself and send us a resume at email@example.com!
Vidrovr is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to help build our sales processes and accelerate growth. The position will be based in our New York City headquarters (within Samsung's incubator office) which features an open, collaborative culture, an opportunity to make a big impact, and awesome amenities.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a quick learner, self-motivated, comfortable with technology, and must have leadership potential. If you thrive in an environment where you can contribute to a team, love finding solutions for people, and want to be part of changing the digital media and broadcast industries then we'd love to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities will include qualifying people interested in Vidrovr, finding and reaching out to companies that could use Vidrovr, and creating/supporting sales opportunities. As an early employee you’ll be working directly with executives at Vidrovr, and your work will directly impact most aspects of the company.
- Prospect for new clients by researching markets and calling/emailing businesses
- Evangelize the product: Learn the Vidrovr product inside and out and evangelize it in the digital media and broadcast worlds.
- Understand the challenges our clients face
- Communicate basic value of our product to new prospects to open up more in depth conversations
- 1-3 years professional experience -- ideally in some type of lead generation capacity.
- You are self-motivated and can hit the ground running in prospecting, meeting, managing, and qualifying prospects
- Experience with or an interest in Startup culture
- You can communicate clearly and concisely, especially when it comes to complicated topics. You can break it down into simple terms people can understand.
- You can come up with creative solutions to any problems you face.
- Open to occasional travel for client visits and industry conferences.
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM is a plus.