Sales Development Representative
(Techstars '17)Vidrovr can index, search, and recommend video content in a cost-effective, automatic, and accurate manner. The company was founded by two PhD Students in the Digital Video and Multimedia Lab at Columbia University, Joseph Ellis and Daniel Morozoff. The Vidrovr team is advised by Prof. Shih-Fu Chang, of the Columbia School of Engineering and Applied Science. Vidrovr has vast experience in building distributed systems that can process and learn from vast amounts of information in real time, in particular designing algorithms that utilize multiple facets of multimedia streams concurrently. They have published and patented foundational research in machine learning, computer vision, multimodal information processing, and multimedia. Over the past three years they have developed an award-winning and patented system for processing news videos and social media, called News Rover, and the technologies developed for this system are directly leveraged in Vidrovr products. Vidrovr was selected to participate in the NYC Media Lab’s start-up incubator, The Combine, and through this program completed over 110 customer interviews with media executives, video editors, producers, video management professionals, and more, to evaluate the pain-points that exist for large corporations in leveraging their video content. Vidrovr addresses 3 key market needs: 1. Domain and customer specific automatic metadata generation for videos, 2. Video Content Management solutions that enable automatic placement and recommendation of video clips for digital products, and 3. Automatically linking and sourcing visual social media content that is relevant to a particular video or online article before it is published. Vidrovr is currently working with these media corporations to develop video centric products and solutions
Vidrovr is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to help build our sales processes and accelerate growth. The position will be based in our New York City headquarters (within Samsung's incubator office) which features an open, collaborative culture, an opportunity to make a big impact, and awesome amenities.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a quick learner, self-motivated, comfortable with technology, and must have leadership potential. If you thrive in an environment where you can contribute to a team, love finding solutions for people, and want to be part of changing the digital media and broadcast industries then we'd love to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities will include qualifying people interested in Vidrovr, finding and reaching out to companies that could use Vidrovr, and creating/supporting sales opportunities. As an early employee you’ll be working directly with executives at Vidrovr, and your work will directly impact most aspects of the company.
- Prospect for new clients by researching markets and calling/emailing businesses
- Evangelize the product: Learn the Vidrovr product inside and out and evangelize it in the digital media and broadcast worlds.
- Understand the challenges our clients face
- Communicate basic value of our product to new prospects to open up more in depth conversations
- 1-3 years professional experience -- ideally in some type of lead generation capacity.
- You are self-motivated and can hit the ground running in prospecting, meeting, managing, and qualifying prospects
- Experience with or an interest in Startup culture
- You can communicate clearly and concisely, especially when it comes to complicated topics. You can break it down into simple terms people can understand.
- You can come up with creative solutions to any problems you face.
- Open to occasional travel for client visits and industry conferences.
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Gym membership (cover 1/2 of cost)
- Breakfast every Monday, lunch by Samsung on Wednesdy, team lunches on Fridays