Manager, Central Pre Sales Systems Engineering
VMTurbo is now Turbonomic. Follow our latest updates and news on our new linkedin profile: http://www.linkedin.com/company/turbonomic ------------------- Turbonomic’s autonomic platform enables heterogeneous environments to self-manage to assure the performance of any application in any cloud. Turbonomic’s patented autonomic decision engine dynamically analyzes application demand and allocates shared resources in real time to maintain a continuous state of application health. Launched in 2010, Turbonomic is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the virtualization and cloud space. Turbonomic’s autonomic platform is trusted by thousands of enterprises to accelerate their adoption of virtual, cloud, and container deployments for all mission critical applications.
We're hiring for a Manager, Pre Sales Systems Engineering to lead our Central Team and add to our customer-centric, winning culture! A proven leader, you will guide and mentor a group of pre sales systems engineers as they partner with the sales team, offering best-in-class solutions to our Enterprise customers.
- Contribute to territory and account strategy as well as drive the execution directly and indirectly
- Build and maintain a team of highly-talented Pre-Sales Systems Engineers
- Build strong relationships with Sales Leadership, Account Executives, and customer stakeholders
- Manage all aspects of people management, including hiring, development, training, regular 1:1s and periodic performance reviews
- Assess prospective customer needs and uncover requirements for Turbonomic solutions
- Remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunity
- Influence both internal and external decision-makers through presentations and briefings
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, and at pre- and post-sales meetings
- Articulate the technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Identify market and product requirements based on field experience and customer input
- Provide customer and competitor feedback and field intelligence where available and necessary
- Network in customer and related organizations
- Own key aspects of the technical sales process and demonstrate thought leadership in the art of giving a demo and conducting a POC
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant leadership experience of technical professionals
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- Extensive experience (5-7) years in virtualization (VCP-DCV) and cloud computing architectures.
- 5-10 years in data center infrastructure or related field in a sales engineering or consulting capacity
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player who is driven to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and high activity environment
- Willingness to travel to customers and Turbonomic HQ as necessary