Senior Sales Engineer
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling unprecedented freedom and flexibility in how our customers build and evolve IT environments. With VMware solutions, organizations are improving business agility by modernizing data centers and integrating public clouds, driving innovation with modern apps, creating exceptional experiences by empowering the digital workspace, and safeguarding customer trust by transforming security. VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses.At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
You are an accomplished sales engineer with experience in a B2B software environment (ideally SaaS). You have an established track record of success and enjoy being the model for the ideal sales engineer within a team. You are excited about enabling companies transform themselves using the public cloud and the service offerings in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) You hold yourself accountable for the success of any initiative you are involved in. You want to be a part of a high-performance sales organization and hate losing to the competition. You are comfortable working in a fast paced, growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Work in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor and advocate for the CloudHealth platform while mapping value to the prospect’s needs.
- Implement strategies to improve trial win rates, beat the competition, and develop stronger technical buyer relationships.
- Contribute to, and employ, best practices in the execution of trials.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our Sales, Marketing and Training Teams to both business and technical users.
- Understand and implement technical sales strategies based on competitive selling, especially in larger enterprises, i.e. Fortune 500.
- Understand and manage complex the technical sales process in a complex IT environment with multiple departments and partners.
- Partner with Product Marketing on effective strategies to manage and deliver demonstrations, maintain demo environments, and respond to RFPs.
- Present to prospects, customers and partners, at external events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Ensure timely entry of data into internal business support solutions.
- Contribute to systems and tools to provide key business information and metrics to highlight performance and effectiveness.
- 7+ years’ experience at B2B software (ideally SaaS) company in a pre-sales engineering role selling into both enterprise and commercial accounts globally.
- An understanding of ITSM eco-systems and prominent solutions within them, such as: DataDog, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, New Relic, ServiceNow, AlertLogic etc.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent cloud, and Datacenter experience with knowledge of hypervisors like VMWare.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Experience with modern technical selling best practices and selling in a competitive environment, including implementing new or improved trial, demo, and RFP process.
- Proven track record of success in a fast growing and scaling business. A - Bachelor’s Degree