Inside Sales Representative, vSAN HCI
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world. Since our founding over two decades ago, our 24,000+ employee community and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries – from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation. Every day, we work to solve our customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more – to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) for Hyperconverged (HCI) is responsible for selling VMware's storage products and services via telephone, primarily by responding to high volume inbound and outbound calls. The ISR is held accountable for prospecting opportunities, closing sales, and placing orders. The ISR is also responsible for delivering a positive customer experience demonstrating the VMware sales model while maximizing revenue and margin generation. The HCI ISR will partner closely with the VMware HCI Field Team (Outside Sales Executive, SEs, Channel Partners, etc.) to drive the sales strategy.
- Accountable for driving business, and meeting or exceeding quota goals, in an assigned territory. Principal HCI product is Virtual SAN.
- Responsible for all duties from prospecting to closing accounts, in partnership with the outside sales executive.
- Prospect, generate, qualify and follow up on assigned leads.
- Provide accurate and timely updates on pipeline and forecast utilizing SalesForce.
- Articulate the full range of VMware technologies, products, and services and identify how these products and services align to customer needs.
- Communicate technical, industry, and market facts to position VMware as a competitive solution with customers.
- Collaborate with colleagues, cross-functionally (Outside Sales Executive, SEs, Channel Partners, Marketing, etc.), to support the sales strategy.
- Maintain in-depth product, industry trend, and technical knowledge.
- At least 3 years of previous Software or Enterprise sales experience
- At least 1 year of previous sales experience focused on Hardware
- Being meticulous isn’t a sound bite; it’s one of your strongest qualities. - You enjoy being involved in several projects and are talented at handling expectations and your own time. You love collaborating across teams and are personable, effective and extraordinarily organized
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Using these skills to sell competitive products is something you genuinely enjoy.
- You may have experience working in a high-performance team and thrive in a fast-paced stimulating environment
- You are coachable and open to receiving and acting on feedback to improve results.
- You have an unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and can easily handle ambiguity.