Last Updated: February 14, 2014
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
When you use the Site or our services, our servers automatically record standard information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as the page you visited, your Internet Protocol address, CloserIQ cookie information, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request. CloserIQ uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the Site.
Generally, CloserIQ automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components. This data is only used in the aggregate. This type of collective data enables us to determine how users interact with the CloserIQ service, so we can identify areas for improvement.
Our primary purpose for collection your personal information is to provide you access to the Site and services, and provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient and customized experience.
- We ask for your email address and a password when you create your account in order to control access to it. Your username is used to identify you to other CloserIQ users when you elect to share information or contribute reviews to CloserIQ.
- When you create a CloserIQ account using an external application such as Linkedin or Angel, or when you connect your CloserIQ account to external applications, CloserIQ may access data from those applications. Examples would be your education background, previous job positions, or who your friends are on those applications. A data disclosure page will be shown in these cases and you can decide whether to proceed or not.
- You may choose to spruce up your CloserIQ profile be adding a photo, descriptive text, tags, your location or other information. This content is public and can be viewed by people not logged into CloserIQ.
- When you apply for jobs on CloserIQ, the data you provide in your application (such as your audio responses and text answers) is considered public and and may be publicly attributed to you. While we plan to add permission controls allow you to finely control how your job application data is shared, please assume for now that your application data can be viewed by the public.
- CloserIQ may collect and display on the Site statistics about your usage of the CloserIQ service (such as the number of topics you've tried or the number of contributions you've made) and associate this data with your username.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose on public areas of the Site (reviews, message boards, profile descriptions, support forums, blog feedback, etc.) becomes publicly available and could be collected and used by other people, including bad people. We strongly discourage you from providing any sensitive or personally identifiable information (say, an email address or phone number) when submitting or contributing to such public content.
Spam stinks. So we do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for infrequent critical non-marketing or administrative purposes.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information such as the number of users who engaged in a particular topic, correlations between question answers and item preferences, and how many users choose to buy a recommended item. Such information does not identify you individually.
We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and sometimes need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if CloserIQ, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
Additionally, we may disclose your personal information after notifying you and obtaining your consent.
We may also need to disclose personal information when required by law, if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process, enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of CloserIQ, our employees, our users, or others.
Confidentiality and Security
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States. We maintain appropriate technical and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration
Your CloserIQ account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees or agents who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees and agents are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Third Party Websites
The CloserIQ Site is not directed at individuals that are under thirteen years of age, and we do not intend to collect any personally-identifiable information from such individuals.
If you have questions related to our privacy practices, please send us an email.