VP of Sales
Fountain helps whenever one is stuck on a problem, by connecting one with a highly rated expert who can help. In under 5 minutes one will be connected 1-on-1 through video chat, text and photos with annotation. Whether one has a gardening, plumbing or design project, they have the expert looked for. Fountain was borne out of Aaron Patzer's frustration with answering basic questions using the internet. While the internet is great for finding facts and documents, it often falls short for anything personal: home, health, relationships, pets, and anything nuanced: business, personal finance, and legal decisions. By contrast, a live, two-way interactive conversation provides far more useful information - often far faster - than searching, sifting, and endless Googling. The wider goal of Fountain is a new type of search: plain English typed or spoken is understood, and the asker is connected instantly to the person most qualified to answer and assist. They are using artificial intelligence in the service of connecting to the most powerful intelligence: another human.
We’re looking for a VP of Sales to lead our growing sales organization at Fountain. The ideal candidate is passionate about scaling a sales organization and support the Fountain vision. We’re looking for an inspiring leader who can create a performance-driven culture, build a repeatable sales process to deliver results, and coach all levels of sales professionals to develop in their careers.
In this role, you’ll start with a team of 5+ Account Executives and be expected to scale this to 12 within 12 months.
- Recruit, hire, and manage a growing team of experienced Account Executives and managers
- Build repeatable training processes that help AE’s learn sales skills, product and industry knowledge, and professional habits they need to succeed in the role
- Train and assist sales reps in closing complex transactions by teaching best practices in prospecting, managing and closing opportunities, and the skills needed to position Fountain as an industry leader
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Build, measure, and optimize a repeatable sales process to successfully achieve the targeted sales objectives.
- Create a team culture that’s positive, motivating, and performance-driven.
- You have deep knowledge of a complex sales process preferably with 6+ years of sales management experience in a B2B environment
- You have deep knowledge of selling to SMB to Mid-Market buyers of ACVs of under $50K and average sales cycles under 45 days
- You’ve closed business so you can train AEs on how to be successful in their roles
- You have great people skills. You’ve shown the ability to recruit, hire, and manage talented people
- You’re able to build scalable processes, and you have the analytical skills to optimize them over time
- You’re a proven coach: you’ve helped your people unlock their full potential
- You have built out a team in a company at a series A-C stage company
- You are data oriented and able to know offhand what the current sales cycle is and are able to own your numbers
- You have a plan and philosophy on how to drive revenue. Not only predicting the outcome, but knowing the drivers
- You have ideally sold into a similar target audience in the SMB/brick and mortar space(ie Square, Toast, When I Work, Deputy, Etc.)