Business Development Associate
Known for its vast network of nearly 12,000 elevator and lobby displays located in 1,600 premier office buildings across North America, Captivate connects advertisers with more than 13 million unique monthly viewers through creative, research-driven and Nielsen-measured advertising and marketing programs. By engaging its viewers with timely news and actionable information, Captivate provides advertisers with a highly desirable and difficult-to-reach audience of affluent and influential business professionals. Founded in 1997, Captivate is owned by Generation Partners and TEGNA. For more information, please visit www.captivate.com. For career opportunities please visit www.captivate.com/careers.
We have an excellent opportunity for an entry-level candidate who seeks to begin an exciting and rewarding career in sales & business development. We are looking for a bright, driven and entrepreneurial candidate with a go-getter attitude and professionalism to join our team.
- Lead Generation: Generate new business using direct outreach using a cross section of phone and email. Qualify potentials to ensure there are viable new business opportunities within target market. Be resourceful in using multiple approaches to penetrate prospective accounts. Develop new qualified leads through to the opportunity stage.
- Pipeline management: Ensure prospective clients and existing opportunities continue to move through the pipeline by updating account activities, prioritization of upcoming deals, and assisting the team in account projections
- CRM ownership. Maintain and update CRM (client relationship management) tool as needed to set up new accounts, maintain prospect lists, and be accountable for account progression
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 1-2 years of work experience within a sales role would be an advantage
- Entrepreneurial discipline to take initiative, be creative, maintain high activity volumes, and be accountable to goals and quotas
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well versed in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior communication skills and a go-getter personality
- Comfortable with ambiguity; highly adaptable to new circumstances
- Natural curiosity to interface with others and ask questions
- Not easily intimidated by lack of knowledge or the seniority of the prospect being called