Sales Development Internship - Summer 2019
Meet CarGurus—now the #1 largest car shopping site in the US by unique monthly visitors. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers and sellers. Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus uses proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics to simplify the process of car shopping and selling. As we work to deliver the best products and services for our consumers and sellers, we are guided by these core values: We are pioneering. We are transparent. We are data-driven. We move quickly. We are collaborative. We have integrity. In addition to the United States, CarGurus operates online marketplaces in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; and London, England. Interested in becoming a Guru? View current Jobs and learn about Life at CarGurus.
Are you looking to gain experience working with a Sales team at a dynamic, fun and fast-paced technology company? Are you interested in gaining Sales experience at one of Boston’s fastest growing technology companies? CarGurus is looking for qualified interns to join the Sales Development team to assist in overall day to day responsibilities, work flow operations, and various projects to impact the overall efficiency of the business. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to focus on tasks in a rapidly-changing working environment, strong communication skills, and be capable of finishing projects and tasks on time by adhering to a systematic and repeatable process.
The ideal candidate is comfortable operating independently and in a team setting, is comfortable juggling several different projects at once, and thrives in a fast-paced fun environment.
- Using Salesforce, Google, and other resources; uncover new prospects and prequalify the dealerships
- Help ensure that each new prospect is engaged and fully understands the benefits of the values we provide
- Research accounts to determine the right contacts are identified to support the Sales effort
- Work cross departmentally within CarGurus on multiple long term and weekly projects
- Demonstrate persistence, tenacity, and the ability to overcome obstacles and handle objections
- Develop and consistently meet or exceed all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce
- Weekly one on one check ins and team meetings to facilitate growth
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior from an accredited college, with a good academic standing. Interest in Sales is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused on task and follow directions precisely
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to deliver results.