Business Development Specialist
ClearSky Data’s global storage network simplifies the entire data lifecycle and delivers enterprise storage as a fully managed service. It's storage is designed for business agility. ClearSky simplifies enterprise storage by providing an SLA-based managed service across the global network. ClearSky’s patent-pending Smart Tiered Caching continually categorizes data and places it in the right cache layer (hot, warm, cold) based on evolving usage requirements and customer policies. Customers simply scale as needed, using the ClearSky dashboard to add unlimited capacity with a few clicks. All data can be moved across the ClearSky network to meet a variety of use cases including data center migration, load balancing, expansion into new regions or disaster recovery. ClearSky has partnered with major public clouds to place hot and warm cache copies at the cloud edge. The result: customers get low-latency access to cloud instances, providing a new cost-effective option to run their most demanding workloads. The total cost of ownership (TCO) of storing data using the ClearSky service is about 1/3 the cost of managing it in a company’s data center on physical storage arrays. By leveraging the architecture and building redundancy into all cache layers and network paths, ClearSky is able to provide an enterprise-class service with guaranteed high availability. Industry-leading security technologies and best practices ensure that customer data is always protected and isolated from the moment it enters the ClearSky network. Customers simply plug into the ClearSky service to get the storage they need, when and where they need it, with the security, scalability and resilience that a business depends on.
This role brings together marketing and sales and directly drives new customer opportunities and sales.
To be successful in this role, the business development specialist will be a motivated, self-starter looking to grow their sales skills. The specialist will have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. Strong communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact through sales transition are essential.
The successful business development specialist will boost sales and contribute to ClearSky’s long-term business growth while gaining individual sales skills essential to future sales career growth.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present ClearSky to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Business Development Manager on daily, weekly and monthly results
- Minimum of 1-year work experience as a Business Development or Inside Sales Specialist or similar role preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving goals
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing