CommonBond is a financial technology company on a mission to give students and graduates more affordable, transparent, and simple ways to pay for higher education. We’re people just like you who were frustrated by the high rates, confusing process, and poor service that came with our student loans. We knew there had to be a better way. So we created one.
Over 40 million Americans are affected by student loan debt – and we’re helping them meet that challenge head on. We're tackling the student debt crisis by offering new loans to current students, refinance loans to college graduates, and a suite of student loan repayment benefits to employees through our CommonBond for Business program.
By designing a better experience that combines advanced technology with competitive rates and award-winning customer service, we've funded over $2 billion in loans for tens of thousands of members, and helped over 250 companies give their employees the tools they need to achieve financial wellness. Finally, we're proud to be the first and only finance company with a "one-for-one" social mission: for every loan we fund, we also fund the education of a child in need, through our partnership with Pencils of Promise. Want more good news? We’re hiring! So join our team, and join the movement, as we continue to build a better future for student debt in America.
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
The Enterprise Sales Manager role is for someone who knows how to get things done. You will drive growth by forming partnerships with companies looking to help their employees with student loans. 7 out of 10 recent graduates leave school with significant student loan debt. Forward-thinking organizations see student loan benefits as a way to attract and retain top talent in their organization. This type of benefit is a rapidly expanding offering on the cusp of wide-spread adoption. The opportunity is great.
As an individual contributor on the Enterprise Sales team, you will be based at CommonBond’s HQ in NYC. The ideal background involves B2B sales experience with a focus on large companies. You have experience as a hunter: you see opportunity for partnership and go after it with a thoughtful, committed, and unwavering approach. You are an excellent communicator.
You can develop a sales plan and execute against it with little oversight. You are comfortable with the entire sales process, including:
Prospecting: identifying key decision makers at target accounts and cold calling/emailing to make contact Introductory Qualifying Calls: determining fit and interest level Product Demonstrations: showcasing and creating differentiation with competitors Negotiations: crafting and closing deals CommonBond is a dynamic environment where new opportunities emerge every single day. As an early member of the Enterprise Sales team, you'll be part of a rapidly growing team at an innovative company. You will be a core reason the company scales.
You will develop partnerships with large enterprise employers who purchase CommonBond’s suite of Student Loan Benefits to recruit and retain top talent. Prior experience selling a solution into HR/Benefits leaders at large companies is a strong advantage.
- 5+ years of experience selling services or products to senior level HR and Benefits leaders at midsize or large enterprise companies.
- Strong prospecting/hunting skills.
- A will to win. Closing deals puts you on top of the world.
- Experience navigating large, complex organizations and being able to adapt your communication style to different audiences (manager, director, VP).
- Ability to maintain consistently high levels of sales activity without management intervention; extraordinary personal discipline.
- Active listener with a consultative approach to understanding client needs.
- High interpersonal skills – you’re equally at home hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up on a previous lead.
- You are confident, well-spoken, outgoing, and professional.
- Roll-up- your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done.
- Expert multi-tasking – you’ll be going after multiple opportunities every hour of every day. You will remain undaunted, organized and juggle these tasks without letting the ball drop.
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun.
- Great teammate – You enjoy working as part of a team, you want to be relied upon and you understand that outcomes are a result of a lot of people contributing.
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”.
- Supreme ability to organize yourself, your tasks, and manage your time.