Business Development Representative
At ComplyAdvantage, we believe that compliance doesn’t have to be painful. Businesses need real-time financial crime insight to put them in control. We enable you to understand the real risk of who you're doing business with, through the world's only global, real-time risk database of people and companies. We actively identify tens of thousands of risk events from millions of structured and unstructured data points - every single day. Our suite of configurable cloud services integrates seamlessly to help automate and reduce the frustration of complying with Sanctions, AML and CTF regulations.
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive to develop our presence and sell our SAAS solutions within the Banking and Financial Services sector in the US.
You’ll be working with our clients closely to solve their real life business problems. It’s a proactive, high-energy, fast-paced environment where you’ll be given the support and training you need to thrive.
Success in this role will mean:
- Strengthening financial institutions' protection against money launderers and terrorist financiers
- Helping customers to gain a competitive advantage through their compliance processes
- Fueling ComplyAdvantage's growth and market presence in the US
- Taking on, and winning deals against, large incumbents
You'll be measured on your ability to generate leads, qualify opportunities and close deals, and to achieve this you'll be:
- Setting ambitious weekly sales activity quotas and use the CRM to document and achieve them
- Generating leads using the latest techniques and tools, including leveraging marketing content via social media channels, attending marketing events, and generating referrals through networks
- Finding and engaging with senior decision makers in financial services companies (and others), understanding their compliance needs/processes, educating them on our product features and benefits, and qualifying the potential opportunities
- Managing and prioritizing inbound and outbound leads
- Sharing market intelligence with marketing and senior management to help drive future strategic decisions. The more senior you become, the more insights turn into proposals for expedited business growth
- Negotiating and closing deals with prospects - we give our business development team significant responsibility, and you won't be stuck behind the phone all day
- Supporting client on-boarding, as required, and leveraging relationships to source new leads within existing clients
- Contributing towards training materials and supporting on-boarding training for future employees as the company expands
The ideal candidate
- Continually improves: you're smart, ambitious, motivated and coachable - you don’t take yourself too seriously, you try new things and learn from others.
- Gets things done: you're passionate, a self-starter, take the initiative and capable of execute independently.
- Improves the team: you have a strong team spirit and are able to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Has a B2B track record: you must have a proven track record in generating new business within a corporate B2B sales environment, with a minimum of of 12 months in a lead generation/sales or growth hacking role, preferably in B2B cloud/SaaS software or financial services/compliance.
- Can prove themselves: back up your experience with clear evidence of direct business wins generated through your previous work – with the successes, failures, and numbers to prove it. Include proof of operational experience in using social media and the latest techniques to develop interest from leads, whether self-generated or given to you.
- Has a commercial mind: you'll have a keen commercial sense on which opportunities to prioritize..
- Communicates skillfully: opening, pursuing and closing opportunities requires excellent communication and negotiation skills (fluent in English, for a start) and a consultative approach to closing business. If you're fluent in Spanish in Spanish or Portuguese, that helps too - we want to take on the Latin American markets, and we want you to be a part of that push.
- Builds, creates, and wins: we're a start-up, so show us what you've built, improved, and taken ownership of on your way here.
- Hungry to develop: you want to build your skills and take on more responsibilities quickly – our ambitious expansion plans mean we’re looking for new leaders to help us grow.