Strategic Business Development
Simpler & smarter learning. Ed is a better mobile learning management system designed for today’s digital habits, delivering more engaging and effective micro-learning directly to learners anytime and anywhere.
This role is ultimately responsible for growing our presence in the North America market. We are after someone to help take our exciting and innovative new platform to market. You’ll have full autonomy to identify, nurture and close opportunities with new logos and partners, driving the full sales cycle from first contact through to contract negotiation.
In this role, you will focus on largest enterprise but also help determine our go to market strategy as we continue to grow and bring on mid market level customers. You’ll work collaboratively with internal departments to identify opportunities, drive seamless implementation, and ensure long-term client satisfaction.
Your criteria for success will include the growth of Ed’s revenue with new business in North America, establishment of strong customer relationships, high levels of customer satisfaction and cross border opportunity identification. This role has huge potential for career progression.
Successful applicants must have appropriate working rights in the US.
- Achieve and exceed sales quota through identification, qualification, and closure of new business
- Maintain sales activity records, internal records, and update systems accordingly
- Plan and execute marketing activities, and represent Ed at outside events (i.e. trade shows, conferences, association meetings)
- Conduct competitor analysis and be constantly abreast market trends and changing market conditions
- Contribute to a collaborative, professional team culture
- Propose solutions based on customer requirements, market intel and deliver solid business cases, including ROI and TCO analyses
- Have a background in the Learning & Development Industry
- Have a proven track record of sales and new business development and have a customer first mindset
- Are comfortable navigating uncharted territory
- Have strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen - managing budgets, forecasting, developing sales targets
- Have demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team, including coaching competence
- Can work with remote teams - across Europe and APAC
- Have demonstrated creativity and practical problem solving skills