GiveDirectly allows governments, foundations, and individual donors to provide direct cash transfers to the extreme poor. Using the latest technology at every step, we locate recipients, integrate them into electronic payments networks, and monitor transfers end-to-end. We charge the full cost of delivering this service and nothing more. GiveDirectly holds the top overall rating for non-profit effectiveness by GiveWell and received the inaugural Google Global Impact Award. Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose where they invest – has prompted extensive media debate with headlines ranging from “The Best and Simplest Way to Fight Global Poverty” (Slate) to “Can Four Economists Build the Most Economically Efficient Charity Ever?” (Atlantic) and “Is it Nuts to Give to the Poor Without Strings Attached?” (New York Times Magazine). We are looking for exceptional talent to help us build the world's most efficient, transparent and scalable system to transfer resources directly into the hands of the poor -- and in the process transform the way international development is done.
GD has a lean, results-oriented fundraising team that is expanding in size and scope. We are looking for an experienced professional that will build a portfolio of individuals and institutions to scale GD’s impact. You have a track record of driving significant revenue and managing relationships with top investors and organizations. You are equally passionate about rolling up your sleeves to land deals and helping to define strategies for growth.
- Inform and execute a partnerships plan, with a focus on growing GD’s high net worth and foundation base
- Manage deals end to end (including sourcing partners, pipeline management, negotiation, and hand-off to field team)
- Expand GD’s base of high-profile allies & spokespeople, in the service of growing the cash movement
- Build deep expertise on GD’s product and evaluate new initiatives for strategic fit
- 7+ years of experience in a business development or partnerships role
- Track record successfully managing sizeable portfolios (from sourcing to closing major gifts/deals) across a broad range of partners
- Exceptional and versatile verbal & written communication skills (i.e. ability to be persuasive with wealthy individuals, large foundations, corporates).
- Ability to quickly master the GD brand/voice and compellingly represent to a range of partners
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambitious environment.
- Cultural fit with an organization that is transparent, feedback-focused, innovative, nimble, and results-oriented
- Experience navigating international development institutions is a plus.