Sales Development Representative
Handshake is the college career network of the future, built to transform the recruiting experience for college students, career centers and employers. Our mission is to democratize access to opportunity: to help every college student find the right job for them, no matter where they go to school, what they’re majoring in, or who they know. We do this by connecting college students and young alumni to a comprehensive national network, all built on a fast, scalable, mobile infrastructure. Handshake’s network gives students access to more career opportunities and insights, provides employers with more comprehensive and efficient access to talent, and gives colleges more tools to drive student engagement and increase student employment. Launched in 2014, Handshake is the ultimate career network and recruiting platform for college students and young alumni. With 700+ U.S. universities, 14 million students and alumni, and 300,000 employers (including 100% of the Fortune 500), Handshake is designed to transform the college to career journey for students, recruiters, and career centers. Handshake, headquartered in San Francisco, CA, has raised $74 million in funding from EQT Ventures, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Spark Capital, KPCB, Lightspeed Ventures, True Ventures, and Lowercase Capital. Read more about Handshake at www.joinhandshake.com.
Handshake is a rapidly growing start-up offering Mobile Field Sales and B2B E-Commerce solutions that are reshaping the way brands and wholesalers sell to retailers. Through standout user experiences both in-person and online, Handshake powers wholesalers’ sales growth and enables lasting customer relationships.
The tremendous untapped market opportunity and impressive company traction enabled Handshake to secure investment from Emergence Capital Partners; early-stage VC partner to the world’s best known SaaS business applications including Salesforce.com, Box, SuccessFactors and Veeva.
Handshake’s Sales Development Representative (SDR) opening is an entry level sales/telesales role combining phone & email lead generation from Handshake’s NYC HQ. You’ll be working off of marketing sourced inbound leads as well as sourcing leads both with Handshake Account Executives and independently to create and develop opportunities for the Handshake sales team.
- Making high frequency outbound calls to Handshake prospects
- Giving high level Handshake presentations online
- Meeting/exceeding monthly targets and quotas for opportunity generation
- Meeting/exceeding weekly targets for calls, meetings booked and pipeline generated
- Identifying decision makers amongst the targeted leads in order to start sales process
- Document and manage your sales pipeline in SFDC application
You’ve got a bunch of energy, are comfortable on the phone, can self manage your day, think on your feet, problem solve…you know, all the boxes checked on sales person check list. Also;
- 4 year college degree
- 1-2 years inside sales/telesales experience
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Basic understanding of CRM software, ideally Salesforce.com
- Willingness to make 50+ phone calls per day
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely on the phone
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to multi-task & manage shifting priorities