Sales Development Representative
B2B Commerce is how every product arrives on every shelf, in every store. B2B is different. It’s complex. It’s about relationships. We believe that the experience of B2B buying and selling can be better. That suppliers can build even stronger relationships with their customers. We’ve made it our mission to help manufacturers & distributors grow their business by making it easy for their customers to order the right products from them, in-person and online. The Handshake B2B Commerce platform makes buying and selling simple, intuitive and mobile. Sales reps and their customers can rapidly place orders on any device, anywhere, anytime. Pen and paper, faxes and phone calls - your time is over.
Handshake is a rapidly growing start-up offering Mobile Field Sales and B2B E-Commerce solutions that are reshaping the way brands and wholesalers sell to retailers. Through standout user experiences both in-person and online, Handshake powers wholesalers’ sales growth and enables lasting customer relationships.
The tremendous untapped market opportunity and impressive company traction enabled Handshake to secure investment from Emergence Capital Partners; early-stage VC partner to the world’s best known SaaS business applications including Salesforce.com, Box, SuccessFactors and Veeva.
Handshake’s Sales Development Representative (SDR) opening is an entry level sales/telesales role combining phone & email lead generation from Handshake’s NYC HQ. You’ll be working off of marketing sourced inbound leads as well as sourcing leads both with Handshake Account Executives and independently to create and develop opportunities for the Handshake sales team.
- Making high frequency outbound calls to Handshake prospects
- Giving high level Handshake presentations online
- Meeting/exceeding monthly targets and quotas for opportunity generation
- Meeting/exceeding weekly targets for calls, meetings booked and pipeline generated
- Identifying decision makers amongst the targeted leads in order to start sales process
- Document and manage your sales pipeline in SFDC application
You’ve got a bunch of energy, are comfortable on the phone, can self manage your day, think on your feet, problem solve…you know, all the boxes checked on sales person check list. Also;
- 4 year college degree
- 1-2 years inside sales/telesales experience
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Basic understanding of CRM software, ideally Salesforce.com
- Willingness to make 50+ phone calls per day
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely on the phone
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to multi-task & manage shifting priorities