Retail is at a turning point. The wholesale industry is a trillion-dollar market split between 1.2MM retailers. In the past, the market had been dominated by big-box stores, largely selling the same products from the same national brands – but the consumer has changed. Today, consumers are purchasing smaller, independent brands that are healthier, more environmentally friendly, more ethical. Consumers have moved their spending to independent retailers (both online and offline) who they share values with, and who provide the best curated selections of craft brands. This is where Hubba comes in. We’re a marketplace that allows independent retailers to purchase products directly from the planet’s hottest craft brands to carry on their store shelves. We use a combination of machine learning and personal curation to match these retailers with their next best seller.
We're looking to build out successful, thriving wholesale ecosystems in key regions. The City Manager, New York plays a critical role in kick-starting the region – building the sales, operations, and merchandising/marketing practices in New York that can scale into a stronghold for Hubba. This means:
- New business development – landing net-new independent retail accounts for Hubba’s brands and services.
- Leading and developing the operations/logistics (streamlining shipments, invoicing/payment, etc.) practices in region to ensure a best-in-class retailer experience, creating loyal, long term accounts.
- Creating and executing marketing programs that maximize sell-through of retailer purchases, leading to sustainable, long-term revenue streams.
- Developing lasting retailer relationships through best-in-class account management and customer success programs.
- Building a successful approach to distribution partnerships and affiliates in the region, through a comprehensive understanding of the NYC wholesale ecosystem (i.e. brokers, distributors).