Business Development Manager (Call Prep Insights)
Since 1971 IBISWorld has provided market-leading industry information to professionals in a wide variety of industry verticals, including finance, consulting, accounting and manufacturing. In 2013, the company launched its procurement research division, providing research reports on hundreds of indirect products and services, helping purchasing executives engage and negotiate with suppliers. With offices in New York City, Los Angeles, London, Melbourne and Beijing, IBISWorld provides insight into thousands of industries and products across the US, Canada, UK, Australia, NZ and China, so clients can make better business decisions, faster. IBISWorld is a growth company, in a growth industry, and is currently expanding its operations. We’re always hunting for talented and motivated individuals to join our Business Development, Client Relationship or Economic Analyst teams.
We are looking for a representative to exclusively sell our newest product offering, IBISWorld Call Prep Insights. This position will appeal to business-savvy sales professionals looking to work for a long-established company in the booming business intelligence sector.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who will revel at the opportunity to create the marketplace for this product. You will seek out and build new business by identifying and qualifying prospects, demonstrating the Call Prep Insights product, overseeing trials and evaluation of the product, and negotiating membership terms. The role is phone-based, with the majority of outgoing calls to C-level executives with the goal of qualifying the leads, sharing IBISWorld’s value proposition, establishing relationships and booking webinars.
We operate a very successful and professional sales team with great emphasis on continuous improvement through knowledge-sharing, training and documented systems and procedures. We are serious about business development. Bring your attitude, your energy and your intelligence and you will be successful at IBISWorld.
- Seeking out and building new opportunities by researching categories, identifying targets, cold-calling, and networking
- Make significant outbound calls and emails daily to engage new and existing accounts
- Delivering live and web-based presentations and training sessions to prospective clients
- Leading a pipeline and moving prospects through the sales cycle, using Salesforce to log and track your activities and opportunities
- Achieving and exceeding established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Developing and staying current on knowledge of trends in target markets
- Dedicatedly improving personal skills through internal training and own efforts
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous successful experience in sales
- Known to work directly with various levels of clientele, especially C-level executives
- Proven eye for business with the ability to understand your client’s business objectives and goals
- Ability to own an opportunity pipeline as well as multiple priorities and deadlines
- Persistent, high-reaching and able to handle sales objections with ease
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to succeed as an autonomous individual while embracing the spirit of working within a team