JW Player is the New York-based company that pioneered video on the web and continues to innovate for the future. As creators of the worlds first open source video player in 2008, we powered the original YouTube and have since expanded to video hosting and streaming, advertising, and analytics for 1 billion monthly unique viewers in 200 countries. JW Player combines the fastest video delivery on the planet with cutting-edge intelligence, empowering publishers to tell highly impactful visual stories and successfully monetize their content. For more information, see www.jwplayer.com and subscribe to www.jwplayer.com/blog.
JW Player is looking for a Sales Engineer that knows the Media and Entertainment space inside out. They are a thought leader with strong technical skills who knows how to use technology to demonstrate value.
What will they be doing - The Sales Engineer will provide world-class technical guidance and solution proposal to JW Player prospects, customers and partners in the digital marketing and media industries.
- You will Maintain a knowledge fluency of JW Player and Platform products
- You will act as the customer’s main technical point of contact and lead the sale to a technical close.
- You will confidently present and articulate the business value of the JW Player’s solutions and products to managers and executives of all levels
- You will understand the competitive landscape in video technology, and position JW Player product value in that ecosystem
- You will manage and execute client-facing information gathering and demos of our products and deliver technical pre-sales presentations focused on the needs of prospective publishers.
- You will support the RFI/RFP process by providing thorough responses to technical requirements
- You will work closely with senior management to internalize feedback to align with sales processes.
- You will constantly improve, increase value and be an essential part of the JW Player Sales Team
- You will contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- You will Attain quarterly and annual objectives
- 2+ years experience as a Sales Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Strong presentation skills including experience presenting technical details to a wide-ranging audience.
- Superior writing skills for responding to RFI/RFPs and for business communications with customers.
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification and resolution with hands-on approach to solving tactical and strategic problems
- Experience interfacing with Product, Product Marketing & Marketing to maximize message, sales and client acquisition
- Successfully handle the ever-changing landscape of sales and product
- Solutions focused attitude and delight in interacting with clients
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and pay attention to details