Business Development Representative
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in no-code/low-code application development for the enterprise, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix no-code/low-code platform, enterprises can ‘Make with More,’ by broadening an enterprise’s development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; ‘Make it Smart,’ by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and ‘Make at Scale,’ to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams, and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix’s ‘Go Make It’ platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be part of a highly energetic, high-performance sales culture. You will be the first point of contact for prospects provided by marketing and operations, through high volume outbound sales tactics, including phone, email and social means.
- Achieving daily/weekly call metrics, and generation of Sales Opportunities to be handed off to your assigned Account Executives in your assigned Sales Unit
- Following up a volume of Marketing Qualified Leads, who have interacted with Mendix in some way.
- Working closely with other BDRs, and SDRs, as well as Account Executives and Marketing
- Following a prescribed set of outbound tactics on each list of prospects, through our sales outreach tool Salesloft
- Finding the right decision makers and/or influencers within accounts, and engaging in conversations to educate them on low-code and the Mendix Platform, generating interest in learning more, while also uncovering their company challenges in app development
- Completing successful handoff of Discovery Calls to Account Executives
- Portion of opportunities handed off to Account Executives will progress into the pipeline
- Emphasis on progressing the right opportunities into the sales process for the Account Executives
- Experience in similar BDR position
- Experience in enterprise software, within sales or beyond
- Excellent phone and written communications skills
- The desire to master this role and take on new challenges
- Natural curiosity to continue personal learning of technology and uncovering customer needs and challenges
- Desire to continue to learn sales tactics and explore a career in sales