Enterprise Outbound Sales Development Representative
Muck Rack’s software enables PR teams to effectively find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, collaborate as a team, and quantify their impact. Fortune 500 brands, agencies and startups rely on Muck Rack to manage relationships with the media and boost coverage more efficiently. Today’s PR professionals have no time for inaccurate contact information, disjointed workflows or archaic software. That’s why companies such as Under Armour, Taco Bell, Pfizer, Golin and Penguin Random House use Muck Rack to take their communications strategy to the next level. Muck Rack is also the solution of choice for journalists, who use their free, automatically updated portfolios to showcase their work and to provide information about what stories they’re looking for, their personal interests and how they prefer to be pitched.
Muck Rack is seeking ambitious individuals to join their Enterprise Outbound SDR program. They are seeking professionals who are looking to enter the world of sales at one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC. Muck Rack is the leading software platform for public relations and communications executives. Our mission is to make journalists, PR pros and marketers more successful by providing them with the technology they need to find journalists to pitch, and monitor their brand's reputation on a day-to-day basis.
This position will work closely with sales and marketing to focus on generating opportunities within Muck Rack’s enterprise segment.
- Prospecting leads (via email and phone) and scheduling meetings
- Managing and overcoming potential buyer objections
- Setting up systems to more efficiently reach out to enterprise companies in a custom way
- Tracking industry news to identify outreach opportunities
- Organizing and assigning leads in Muck Rack’s sales CRM (HubSpot). This includes maintaining proper records, activities, and reports/forms for accuracy and historical reference, and will require strong attention to detail
- Suggesting creative new ways to engage target accounts using Muck Rack’s proprietary tools.
- A/B testing on different outreach campaigns to use data for sales enablement.
- Staying on top of the PR industry and news cycles to find real time sales opportunities
- Knowledge of the PR and journalism industries
- Experience working in PR, journalism, or SaaS (1-3 years preferred, graduating seniors accepted)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven attention to detail
- Dropbox, Google Apps, Sales CRMs (Hubspot preferred but not required), Trello, Slack
- Using Twitter to follow the news
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Adaptable to fast-paced environment
- Comfortable making phone calls to potential customers