Sales Development Representative
Mux offers real-time performance monitoring and analytics for video streaming, helping publishers deliver better quality of experience to their viewers. The word mux is short for “multiplexing”, the process of bringing together multiple signals into a single communication channel. In the world of digital video, muxing is the last step in the creation of video for streaming. Multiple signals - audio, video, and data - are muxed together to create a playable video stream. Mux's team includes the creators of the biggest open-source video player on the web, the largest transcoding service in the cloud, and the best community for engineers working on video technology. Its members come from the biggest online video companies in the world.
At Mux, one of our 5 company values is Turn Customers into Fans. The Sales Development Representative role embodies this value as the front-line for Mux’s sales team. In this role, you will have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline and qualifying sales leads and opportunities. In addition, you will drive our our sales prospecting efforts. As an early member of the team, you will have the ability to help build key elements of the function and have opportunities for internal promotion within sales or across other departments.
- Engage with our incoming leads through a systematic, but personalized approach
- Partner with Account Executives to identify outbound sales opportunities
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualified leads and opportunities
- Drive active engagement with all leads to increase customer interest and excitement in our products, regardless of their qualification as a sales opportunity
- You’re resourceful - you might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them
- You are able to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively in a dynamic environment
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and and can communicate directly and clearly with all stakeholders, internal and external
- You have aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability
- You’re passionate about video technology or curious to learn about video technology
- You have 2+ years experience in a customer facing role at a technology company
- You have prior success in sales or lead qualification role (bonus, not required)