Director of Sales, Higher Ed
Noodle is the best way to find the right school, college, tutor, or other educational resource. There is no one-size-fits-all solution in education; what matters is finding the right path for you, based on your interests, strengths and needs. Noodle seeks to empower you with the information and tools you need to find that path—whether that’s the right preschool, college, tutor, or learning resource. Noodle is an alternative to pointless rankings, and to lead-generation sites that simply drive students to the highest bidder. By holding our content to the highest standards, we strive to bring you the personalized, authentic, and honest information you deserve. Whether you are just starting your research, want to narrow down your options, or have a specific question, Noodle can help. Read advice and ask the experts Get free help and advice from a community of experts and friends about every aspect of your education. Search and compare providers Search detailed, unbiased information on more than 700,000 education providers and resources. Noodle aggregates data from the most trusted sources so you can spend less time digging through websites and more time focusing on your future. Organize your search, create lists, share them, and get feedback from the people who matter most to you.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Sales, Higher Education will oversee outbound sales targeting universities and colleges. S/he will be a self-starter who can hit the ground to meet and exceed sales targets. S/he will possess or develop deep knowledge of the higher education industry and performance marketing. Experience in one or more of the following education industry verticals is a must: higher ed sales, enrollment lead generation, performance advertising (i.e. PPC). May develop into a Sales Managerial role as the the company and team needs grow.
- In coordination with the Chief Operating Officer and other key revenue team members, establish both market and target customer strategies for the Company.
- Use deep network of established relationships to garner new opportunities for the Company.
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Responsible for prospecting, presenting and closing new advertisers
- Sell pay-per-click advertising (PPC) services to colleges and universities (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Conduct sales presentations as well as webinars and product demonstrations over the phone.
- Responsible for the successful management of the needs of the Company's customers
- Ensure effective tracking of sales progress, and regularly evaluate any bottlenecks in the sales process
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Keep up to date with recent market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
The Sales Director will be thoroughly committed to Noodle’s vision. All candidates should have proven track records of developing and closing accounts in performance marketing. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree, with at least 5-10 years of senior sales experience; track record of scaling sales; ability to point to specific examples of having developed sales that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to set and achieve strategic objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach
- Fast-acting, self-directed, high-integrity
- Base Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
- On Target Earnings: $200,000 - $250,000
- Stock Options Available