OpenInvest is a YCombinator and Andreessen Horowitz-backed startup powering the post-fund future. Our team of senior technologists from the hedge fund industry and civil society leaders is disrupting traditional asset management by tackling underserved markets with customized, values-informed investing. The team has built fully-integrated and proprietary direct-indexing construction, management, trading, proxy voting, and UX systems that now serve thousands of customers of all sizes.
Headquartered in San Francisco, OpenInvest is a financial technology startup dedicated to mainstreaming values-based investing through technology. The company was founded by two of the architects of Bridgewater Associates’ portfolio management and trading systems and a sustainable finance expert from the World Wildlife Fund. As a Public Benefit Corporation, OpenInvest is legally committed to both social good and profit. We are backed by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley, including Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, and QED, the founders of CapitalOne. OpenInvest now has a team of financial, technology, and environmental, social and governance (ESG) experts across three continents and is recognized as a global thought leader in ESG implementation.
OpenInvest is growing across channels, and is experiencing significant demand from investment advisors, pensions, endowments and family Offices. This role will be flexible in selling across channels.
The investment landscape is changing. Demand for ethical finance options is causing a fundamental shift in money management towards new technologies and greater impact. Keen financial advisors will be the beneficiaries, delivering customization at scale while engaging clients on their most deeply held beliefs.
OpenInvest replaces the passive core of RIA-managed portfolios with our customizable-per-client index tracking solution, which helps advisors differentiate to acquire and retain clients. Alongside several pilot partners, we are building a completely digitized SMA portfolio management system and a portal for financial advisors to manage values-customized client accounts. We also deliver features such as in-depth impact reporting, dynamic divest-invest options, easy shareholder engagement, and tax-loss harvesting. You will be supported by team members across the company, including customer support, content marketing, PR, and our referral relationships.
- Build and manage lead generation in collaboration with our support team.
- Manage your sales pipeline to identify and qualify prospects, sell them the value of OpenInvest, demonstrate the solution, close and onboard, in close partnership with our support team & leadership.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to help build outbound lead generation campaigns.
- Participate in thought leadership and contribute to content marketing.
- Collaborate with Product team to provide high quality customer feedback for product/feature development.
- Track and manage your business using Salesforce to find opportunities to improve your efficiency and effectiveness. Serve as a sales lead on accounts post sales to identify upselling opportunities
- A top performer with 4+ years of proven success selling a SaaS or platform solution
- 2 year track record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Experience selling through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing a deal
- Prior experience in financial services preferably within a sales role
- A drive to win with a validated process for identifying decision makers and selling into multiple layers of an organization
- A standout colleague who has a strong sense of personal ownership and a desire to learn and grow, and help others learn and grow.
- A problem solver with excellent communication skills and experience selling in an early stage environment.
- A positive "get it done" attitude with a bias towards action.
- Willingness to prospect cold & warm leads