Sales Consultant (2014)
Healthcare is broken; we're trying to fix it. The Oscar team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to humanize healthcare. We're a group of technology and healthcare professionals who looked at the current state of the US healthcare system, got frustrated by the horrible consumer experience, and decided to do something big about it. Backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, we’ve set out to revolutionize healthcare.
Oscar’s Sales Development Program is an intensive 2 month program (mid-December to mid-February) designed to provide a mixture of healthcare sales training and work experience at a high growth tech start-up. Your training program will include the ins and outs of the Affordable Care Act, Oscar Health Insurance, and inside sales techniques. You will also participate in a training class to earn your license to sell health insurance in New York and/or New Jersey.
- Answer inbound phone calls from prospective members, educate them about health insurance and the Affordable Care Act, and assist them in selecting the Oscar plan that best meets their needs
- Conduct outbound sales calls to follow up on leads, quotes and other sales opportunities
- Meticulously document all sales interactions and activity
- Deliver a great experience through every touch point with potential and existing members
- Quick learner who is not afraid to ask questions
- Self-motivated, hard-working and diligent
- Clear communicator, well-spoken, and friendly
- Team player that enjoys helping others
- Comfortable operating in high pressure environments
- Previous sales experience and spanish speakers are preferred