Business Development Representative
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across their IT environment. We were recently included in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, ‘risk, fail, learn’ attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do some of the best work of your career. Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
As a member of the PagerDuty BDR team, you will play a meaningful role in the Sales department. You will be a representative of our PagerDuty brand by being the first point of contact with potential customers.
Also, responsible for outbound prospecting into potential customers and growing the PagerDuty footprint within existing accounts. Do you enjoy building pipelines and leading territories? You will support a team of Account Executives in building pipeline and leading a territory.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a high-energy, motivated, and organized team member to get in as a founding member with a fast growing, well funded organization.
This role will allow you to gain exposure to all aspects of a sales cycle and the ability to have a hand in some of the hottest opportunities we work on in a high volume phone and email environment.
- Articulate the PagerDuty business value proposition to assess buying interest
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest to stimulate opportunity
- Conduct high level conversations with senior level executives
- Run leads and territory in salesforce.com
- Consistently over-achieve quotas
- Prior sales development experience preferred
- Endlessly curious - you love asking questions and learning
- Confident attitude - proven track record at achieving measurable goals
- Ability perform in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Experience using salesforce.com preferred
- Uncommon teammate - working with your Account Executive to develop a territory plan