Director, Commercial Sales - Mid Market
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across their IT environment. We were recently included in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, ‘risk, fail, learn’ attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do some of the best work of your career. Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
We are seeking a talented sales leader to lead our Mid-Market Commercial sales teams. Each Commercial Sales team is tasked with new customer acquisition and driving customer expansion in a geographic territory. This sales leader will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing sales team. They will also be a valuable contributor to the sales strategy, leading implementation and driving execution to achieve corporate objectives. The ideal candidate should possess a solid business-to-business application sales and management history preferably in a technical SaaS company.
- Manage a growing team of sales representatives†and over time first-line sales managers.
- Attract, hire, coach, on-board and retain top sales talent
- Assist sales reps in strategizing, negotiating and closing complex transactions
- Coach and develop first line sales managers
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and manage weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Be a change agent within PagerDuty, help define new models and processes to grow our business
- Work closely with extended team of Sales Development Reps, Sales Engineers, Marketing and others
- 7+ years of on-quota, B2B sales experience with strong preference for SaaS experience
- A minimum of 4 years of managing both first line sales managers and individual contributor sales people to success
- A successful history of closing business, selling new licenses/subscriptions to IT and lines of business owners and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop sales talent
- A track record of accurately forecasting sales results
- The ability to work in a rapidly expanding, fast paced environment
- Teamwork and good communication skills
- A four year†university/college degree (required)