Director, Commercial Sales - Mid Market
In an always-on world, teams trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a perfect digital experience to their customers, every time. PagerDuty is the central nervous system for a company’s digital operations. We identify issues and opportunities in real-time and bring together the right people to respond to problems faster and prevent them in the future. From digital disruptors to Fortune 500 companies, over 12,000 businesses rely on PagerDuty to help them continually improve their digital operations—so their teams can spend less time reacting to incidents and more time building for the future. Dutonians believe that we are a part of a bigger movement of businesses being built to benefit everyone—the customer and the employee, as well as our community. We are go-getters fueled by the fire to reinvent how people and companies work together. We take the lead and get creative to be first in the hearts of our customers. Whether it’s keeping the world on or changing it entirely, Dutonians are fueled by the fire to reinvent how people and companies work together to deliver in real-time, across the globe. Join us to lead uncharted efforts and reinvent how companies run.
We are seeking a talented sales leader to lead our Mid-Market Commercial sales teams. Each Commercial Sales team is tasked with new customer acquisition and driving customer expansion in a geographic territory. This sales leader will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing sales team. They will also be a valuable contributor to the sales strategy, leading implementation and driving execution to achieve corporate objectives. The ideal candidate should possess a solid business-to-business application sales and management history preferably in a technical SaaS company.
- Manage a growing team of sales representatives†and over time first-line sales managers.
- Attract, hire, coach, on-board and retain top sales talent
- Assist sales reps in strategizing, negotiating and closing complex transactions
- Coach and develop first line sales managers
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and manage weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Be a change agent within PagerDuty, help define new models and processes to grow our business
- Work closely with extended team of Sales Development Reps, Sales Engineers, Marketing and others
- 7+ years of on-quota, B2B sales experience with strong preference for SaaS experience
- A minimum of 4 years of managing both first line sales managers and individual contributor sales people to success
- A successful history of closing business, selling new licenses/subscriptions to IT and lines of business owners and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop sales talent
- A track record of accurately forecasting sales results
- The ability to work in a rapidly expanding, fast paced environment
- Teamwork and good communication skills
- A four year†university/college degree (required)