Sr. Account Director
Reach decision makers
Persado, a high-growth marketing technology company, is looking for an Account Director based out of San Francisco, NYC or Chicago. This is a key role and is responsible for driving sales of Persado’s marketing persuasion technology through the development and nurturing of senior-level relationships, including Fortune 500 companies.
Who We Are: Persado is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ technology, fueled by some of the most innovative methodologies, including machine learning, natural language processing, advanced statistics and computational linguistics.
Working with some of the largest global brands, Persado is proud to call companies such as American Express, Esurance, McAfee, SurveyMonkey, Verizon Wireless and Vodafone clients of our very own.
Start-up in practice, but stable in funding, we have the advantage of offering the best of both worlds to our employees. We are always looking for people who possess a passion for innovation, a nack for knowledge, and a yearning for success!
- Majority >60% of comp plan on new bookings (vs. renewals & MBOs)
- Solves proactively, internal challenges (e.g., new process, tool etc.); has contributed 2+ items of value to Persado knowledge base
- Acts as “CEO of the account”- has developed 5+ detailed major account plans with command of all elements (authorizers/influencers across lines of business, client strategy, opportunities, detailed plan), presented and executed the plan
- Delivers the target financial performance from the accounts (Revenue)
- Ensures completion of all project related activities
- Knows when to escalate client and service related issues
- Builds and maintain key customer relationships, and develops and implements strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Solves for Rational, Political, and Emotional elements in every client decision
- Develops the Unites States to reach its maximum business potential
The ideal candidate will be bright, ambitious, self-driven, hard-working and flexible, and have the following qualifications:
- 5 years management consulting experience within financial services, Telco, or digital marketing industries.
- Experience as a sales or account management practitioner in financial services, Telco or digital marketing industries a plus
- At least 3 years carrying a $1M+ quota in sales or account management role
- ESP experience preferred
- MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of successful sales experience, preferably selling SaaS based marketing technology to fortune 500 companies
- Experience selling to senior level contacts, has or can lead a client and/or regional team
- Experience “leading from behind;” pitches in to brainstorm solutions for other accounts
- Experience with/comfortable in contract discussions and legal processes; has redlined and lead review of at least 3 contracts
- Demonstrates highly levels of proficiency in opportunity management/commits; +/-30% accuracy in forecasting deals
- Possesses creative prospecting skills, consultative selling skills; ability to qualify prospects, and strong closing skills
- Talks in terms of value to client; knows ROI for any opportunity
- Carries a brief case of relevant client stories and vertical-specific examples
- Is comfortable negotiating/supporting deals of $1M+ in value
- Presents very organized and structured thinking for planning and execution purposes
- Desires to be part of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Base Salary: $125,000
- On Target Earnings: $250,000 (Uncapped)
- Stock Options Available