Sr. Account Director
Persado is the Marketing Language Cloud; AI generated language that resonates the most with any audience, segment or individual. Imagine having a data scientist and a copywriter for each person in your audience; you get the language that performs and the analytics explaining why, resulting in more business and unseen insights.
Comprised of the world’s largest database, with over a million words and phrases tagged and scored for consumer marketing, Persado’s Marketing Language Cloud enables brands to increase acquisition and retention while building long term consumer relationships. Clients include 1-800-Flowers, American Express, Humana and Air Canada.
CNBC named Persado to its Disruptor 50 list in 2017, joining the ranks of Airbnb, Spotify, WeWork, and Elon Musk’s SpaceX. We’re a Forrester Breakout Vendor in Content Intelligence and a Gartner Cool Vendor in Data-Driven Marketing. Oh, and a Fortune Great Place to Work!
- Retail Industry Leaders Association (R)Tech Retail CEO Innovation Award 2018
- CNBC Disruptor 50 2017
- Fortune 50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution
- Inc 500 2016 - second fastest growing software company
- Forrester Breakout Vendor in Content Intelligence
- Gartner Cool Vendor in Data-Driven Marketing
- CB Insights AI 100
- Crain's NY Fast 50
- The Hundert - Top Startups of New York
- Digiday Signal Award: Best Marketing Automation Platform
- 100 Disruptive Brands - Marketing Week
- Fortune Great Place to Work *Tech in Motion Best NYC Startup
Persado, a high-growth marketing technology company, is looking for an Account Director based out of San Francisco, NYC or Chicago. This is a key role and is responsible for driving sales of Persado’s marketing persuasion technology through the development and nurturing of senior-level relationships, including Fortune 500 companies.
Who We Are: Persado is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ technology, fueled by some of the most innovative methodologies, including machine learning, natural language processing, advanced statistics and computational linguistics.
Working with some of the largest global brands, Persado is proud to call companies such as American Express, Esurance, McAfee, SurveyMonkey, Verizon Wireless and Vodafone clients of our very own.
Start-up in practice, but stable in funding, we have the advantage of offering the best of both worlds to our employees. We are always looking for people who possess a passion for innovation, a nack for knowledge, and a yearning for success!
- Majority >60% of comp plan on new bookings (vs. renewals & MBOs)
- Solves proactively, internal challenges (e.g., new process, tool etc.); has contributed 2+ items of value to Persado knowledge base
- Acts as “CEO of the account”- has developed 5+ detailed major account plans with command of all elements (authorizers/influencers across lines of business, client strategy, opportunities, detailed plan), presented and executed the plan
- Delivers the target financial performance from the accounts (Revenue)
- Ensures completion of all project related activities
- Knows when to escalate client and service related issues
- Builds and maintain key customer relationships, and develops and implements strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Solves for Rational, Political, and Emotional elements in every client decision
- Develops the Unites States to reach its maximum business potential
The ideal candidate will be bright, ambitious, self-driven, hard-working and flexible, and have the following qualifications:
- 5 years management consulting experience within financial services, Telco, or digital marketing industries.
- Experience as a sales or account management practitioner in financial services, Telco or digital marketing industries a plus
- At least 3 years carrying a $1M+ quota in sales or account management role
- ESP experience preferred
- MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of successful sales experience, preferably selling SaaS based marketing technology to fortune 500 companies
- Experience selling to senior level contacts, has or can lead a client and/or regional team
- Experience “leading from behind;” pitches in to brainstorm solutions for other accounts
- Experience with/comfortable in contract discussions and legal processes; has redlined and lead review of at least 3 contracts
- Demonstrates highly levels of proficiency in opportunity management/commits; +/-30% accuracy in forecasting deals
- Possesses creative prospecting skills, consultative selling skills; ability to qualify prospects, and strong closing skills
- Talks in terms of value to client; knows ROI for any opportunity
- Carries a brief case of relevant client stories and vertical-specific examples
- Is comfortable negotiating/supporting deals of $1M+ in value
- Presents very organized and structured thinking for planning and execution purposes
- Desires to be part of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Base Salary: $125,000
- On Target Earnings: $250,000 (Uncapped)
- Stock Options Available
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Meaningful equity compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision, plus FSA
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility – we value your contributions above all else