Sales Development Representative
It all began with the simple Stapler. A humdrum office workhorse, its design remained untouched for decades. What would happen, we thought, if you reimagined that ordinary artifact of the office into something absolutely extraordinary? And with that, Poppin was born.From our innovative furniture collection to our core assortment of desk accessories, we’re now the one-stop-shop for the beautiful, modern office. Follow us @poppin on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and be sure to share with us how you #workhappy.
Poppin is looking for a super passionate, ambitious, and motivated Sales Development Representative to join our B2B Sales team at our New York City HQ. Poppin’s Sales Development Rep (SDR) will act as the bridge between our marketing and sales organizations. Our sales organization is growing and our inbound and outbound lead generation is increasing significantly.
This is a key role in the sales process to help manage our lead lifecycle by reactivating lost accounts and fostering new business relationships through outbound outreach. Our SDR will proactively qualify buying interest, understand size and shape of potential accounts, and distribute them to the appropriate sales person.
The SDR will be a Poppin brand champion, and ensure that all prospective customers have a really clear understanding of what it means to work happy and the impact Poppin can have on their brand and culture.
The ideal candidate has an innate ability to smile over the phone, and make the individual on the other end smile as well! Our SDR will be a self-starter, professionally aggressive, well organized, and motivated to grow and succeed. There is significant growth opportunity that comes with this role as our sales organization continues to grow and evolve.
- Manage and qualify inbound lead traffic
- Prospect and create new leads for sales pipeline
- Complete due diligence on prospective clients
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Cold call into dormant accounts to reinvigorate relationships
- Cold call into potential prospects to foster new business relationships
- Work closely with the sales organization to ensure quality of leads and conversion to customers
- Create consistent daily activity plan and pipeline
- Utilize CRM to track and measure all activity and prospective client followup
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding daily objectives
- Be a brand champion and educate prospective clients on Poppin
- Minimum of 1 year B2B sales experience
- Well organized, go-getter mentality, and a pre-planner
- Comfortable on the phone, and happy to handle objections
- Strong email skills
- Comfortable with high levels of multitasking on Mac OS X
- Comfortable dealing with data and understanding reports
- A geeky affinity for office supplies is a plus
- A passion for making people happy is a must (including yourself)!
- Base Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000 - $62,000