BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE II
Rackspace is modernizing IT in today’s multi-cloud world. By delivering IT as a service, we help customers of all industries, sizes and locations, across private and public sectors, realize the power of digital transformation without the complexity and expense of managing it on their own. Our comprehensive portfolio of managed services across applications, data, security and infrastructure on the world’s leading public and private cloud platforms enables us to provide unbiased expertise. Rackspace has been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Learn more at www.rackspace.com.
Specializes in acquiring and growing customers through outbound opportunities and current account mining. Responsible for providing customers with product solutions based on facts and understanding of customers' business needs and strategy. Generates and owns opportunities through the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Builds and owns simplified account plans for distributed accounts; collaborates with Service Delivery Managers to build simplified account plans, including pursuit plan for cross-sell/upsell, timeline, deliverables, and goals
- Builds and owns integrated portfolio plan to prioritize activities targeted at named acquisition prospects; collaborates with Service Delivery Managers to build and execute an integrated portfolio plan to prioritize activities targeted at named accounts.
- Proactively seek new opportunities within existing accounts
- In partnership with the regional sales manager, finalizes named prospect and account lists, providing input into additional strategic pursuits within a territory that aligns with overall Rackspace competitive strategy.
- Leads sales process for all Rackspace solutions.
- Meets virtually with qualified leads to better understand customer needs and provides proposals.
- Leads efforts to create a proposal for the solution to prove value add.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer contracts and renewals (for customers with growth potential).
- Collaborates with prospective customers to select the best solution to meet their needs out of the full product portfolio.
- Works with customers to identify prospects for sales growth and new business.
- Experienced professional using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Works independently, but receives some guidance and direction from manager then determines the best approach to accomplish work.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field required.
- Requires 9-12 years successful B2B sales experience, including a minimum of 4 years of experience in technology or a related industry
- Must have B2B sales experience in Managed or Cloud Hosting industry.
- Successful acquisition sales experience, incorporating value/service selling in business or marketing required.
- Experience in all facets of sales: outbound lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, training, and closing skills required.
- Documented success in closing revenue-generating business and successful history working under a quota required.
- Previous strategic selling experience required.