Sales Development Representative
REDBOOKS (www.redbooks.com) is an information services and technology company based in New York, NY, with two main divisions: the premier advertising and agency database, a lead generation and competitive intelligence tool used by publishers, agencies and marketers globally; and a technology division, focused on advanced machine learning and natural language processing, currently used by leading information services products. Formerly a division of LexisNexis (FTSE100 Reed Elsevier), REDBOOKS was spun-out in 2010.
- We are building a sales and marketing machine. That means combining the best people with systems and technology to grow Redbooks faster than anyone in our space. We have a sales team in NYC with awesome clients across the US and internationally.
- We have won numerous product awards and have nurtured partnerships with well respected advertising associations. REDBOOOKS has created technologies that ensure our clients prospect faster and close smarter than ever before.
- This role is the foundation of our sales organization. The career trajectory for this role would be a job in sales as an Account Executive or Client Success Manager. The role has high visibility to the other departments and reports directly to the SVP Sales. Day to day you will balance inbound and outbound sales activities that move the needle for the Redbooks revenue.
- Market research to identify and prospect new sales opportunities, focused on scheduling appointments that convert to opportunities
- Answering inbound calls and lead requests to qualify leads
- Answering basic questions about the product via email and chat
- Responding to all voicemails and following up immediately to keep the sales funnel moving
- Meet and exceed productivity metrics to crush daily and monthly goals that you agree to
- Recommend new ways to grow the sales strategy from a lead to client
- Administrative and operational duties as needed to support sales organization
- 1 or more years in an SDR sales environment, preferably supporting an enterprise or SMB sale
- BA or BS, or 2-year degree with relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills with high emotional intelligence
- Independent and reliable
- Fearless individual who is innovative when solving problems under pressure
- Eager to launch a career in sales
- Experience with CRM and other sales automation tools
- Base Salary: $40,000 - $45,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000 - $63,000 (Uncapped)
- Opportunity to be a part of the early sales organization that builds a growth machine
- Competitive salary and performance based compensation plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Supportive and hardworking team