Senior Business Development Lead
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. Commerce has transformative powers, and at Riskified we believe everyone should have the opportunity to take part. We use advanced artificial intelligence to eliminate barriers to eCommerce. Our AI platform collects and analyzes eCommerce data to spot patterns that no one else sees, recognizing opportunities for increased revenue and reduced risk. We began as an eCommerce fraud-prevention solution, but our unique ability allows for much more than that. Today, in addition to preventing fraud, we protect shoppers’ retail accounts, increase bank-authorization rates, improve communication between merchants and financial institutions, and provide shoppers with financing through Deco, giving everyone the chance to join the revolution. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Development Lead who enjoys opening doors at a high level, embraces the challenge of working through a highly strategic and complex sales cycle, and building relationships with little to no runway by attending conferences and meetings as well as by phone and email.
You will lead strategic initiatives that will increase the number of opportunities by thinking through new ways to acquire leads, opportunities, customers & partners. You'll be joining a global sales team with a Series C FinTech startup in hyper-growth and will be using your skills, expertise and energy to make a huge impact.
- Generate quality sales opportunities through proactive, strategic prospecting, attending conferences, etc. as well as research industries and individual companies to find the best targets
- Establish and develop a relationship with representatives at target companies through variety of mediums including trade shows, face to face meetings, calling and emailing
- Identify prospects’ key questions and pain points and translate those for the marketing team to inform content creation
- Assisting in developing initiatives that focus on long-term plans to increase opportunities and revenue
- BA/BsC with at least 8 years of professional experience
- 5 years of experience selling to C-Level executives and navigating a long sales cycle, working with multiple decision makers in an enterprise sales or business development role
- Able to quickly understand Riskified and its place within the payments and eCommerce technology space. Very successful candidates are able to identify a target’s needs and decision makers, and then tailor their outreach accordingly
- Attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment with minimum supervision (Comfortable in a startup environment and encouraged by the opportunity to take on a lot of different responsibilities)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for other than practical training