Sales Account Executive
Connecting your family to a wonder-filled world. (It's called "your neighborhood") Sawyer connects parents with providers of the best enriching childhood experiences through a suite of industry-leading technology solutions with a goal to ensure every child has the opportunity to discover their own love of learning. We empower small business owners, enterprise organizations, non-profits, and traditional educational institutions by providing business intelligence tools to drive decision making, and we're helping parents navigate the intense, fragmented world of early childhood development by creating tools that help them balance and manage their children’s day-to-day lives. We’re on a mission to change the way the world thinks about learning–that a great education isn’t just about high test scores or a flawless report card, it’s about building the capacity for discovery in our children through adventures that delight them today and prepare them for tomorrow.
Sales Account Executive
Sawyer launched in Brooklyn in 2015 to transform the way the modern parent accesses educational opportunities for their children.
Inspired by a love of learning, two female tech leaders set out to revolutionize education as we know it. Marissa Evans Alden, Co-Founder and CEO, launched her career in the tech space as the founder of Go Try it On, which was later acquired by Rent The Runway. After joining the RTR team, Marissa headed up Radical Innovation. Stephanie Choi, Co-Founder and COO, led teams at RTR and Bloomingdale’s.
According to Forbes, “Sawyer reimagined the way parents approach early childhood education in the modern age”.
Our mission is give every child the opportunity to discover their own love of learning.
We have built custom software to help educational providers, from artists, to musicians, from science instructors to dancers, manage and run educational classes and camps for children. Our software ingests all of these classes and shares them on our own site, HiSawyer.com, making it simple and fun for parents to discover options for their children.
We are seeking entrepreneurial go-getters looking to grow their sales skills. If you are the type of person who wants to help scale a sales organization, contribute to a team of exceptional leaders who care about making an impact in this country, please contact us.
- Develop and apply an expert understanding of Sawyer products, processes and our customer base
- Consistently achieve outbound prospecting and sales goals on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Establish new opportunities with small business educators through cold outreach, running qualified demos and onboarding new Sawyer partners
- Source leads in target cities and identify key accounts for partnership
- Identify advantages and key differentiators as compared to competitors within various markets
- Keep abreast of all product updates, new partner offerings and competitor activities
- Maintain detailed tracking of sales activity within Salesforce
- Contribute feedback, ideas and suggestions to help scale the Sawyer sales team
- 1+ years of sales experience
- We’re constantly interfacing with business owners, partners, and our teammates, so excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong attention to detail, extremely organized, capable of running your own business
- You are easily able to adapt to a fast moving company where the product is still evolving. You seek out and are able to take on new challenges
- You believe in the power of a positive mental attitude and are enthusiastic about new challenges
- You understand and are prepared for early-stage work/culture and possess the flexibility to adapt to changing processes, responsibilities and expectations
- You are capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously