Sales Development Representative
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science consulting firm that develops custom solutions in Artificial Intelligence. We design, prototype, integrate, and manage sophisticated AI systems by leveraging emerging technologies in data engineering, machine learning, and predictive analytics. We enable enterprises to generate business value through their data.
Our focus is solving complex, novel, and R&D-type problems with the best methods available to create automated and prescriptive systems for our clients, working with Staples, L'Oréal, Goodyear, Bain, Optum, Anheuser-Busch, and many more. By employing a comprehensive approach, we combine the latest technical advances, real-world expertise, innovation, and specific domain knowledge to generate tangible and immediate value for stakeholders.
Our headquarters is in Boston, with offices in New York City.
We are looking for a high-energy sales development representative to help accelerate our growth in target verticals. You will report to the Vice President and work closely with the SFL Scientific marketing and consulting leadership. This person should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a targeted business development plan and consistently deliver on activity volume targets. The Sale Development Representative (SDR) should be an exceptionally strong creative thinker who is quick on their feet, one that thrives in fast-paced dynamic environments. Lastly, they should have very strong phone and online communication and presentation skills.
- Identify prospective clients, gauging profitability and fit for SFL Scientific.
- Assist partners and prospective clients in identifying potential use cases, solutions, and ecosystem offerings.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in select industries: Healthcare, pharma, manufacturing, and legal.
- Conduct a consistent prospect engagement process, including omnichannel contact points, meetings, and presentations.
- Develop key account plans for large/complex prospects in target verticals.
- Lead pre-sale discovery to ensure a thorough understanding of needs, both stated and unstated.
- Assist in the development of proposals, presentations, including pricing strategy.
- Work with leadership to conduct annual reviews for key clients, noting opportunities for improvement in service level, predictability and profitability.
- Work with SFL Scientific industry partners on joint proposals and scoping to ensure client success.
- Maintain active pursuit of the prospect from lead to closing; assist with consultative sales with sophisticated prospects.
- Business development activity via data-mining, email outreach, and attendance at conferences and meetups and through partner ecosystems.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a strong academic track record.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a successful SDR in high-tech solutions targeting enterprise accounts.
- Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas/goals.
- You’re a natural problem solver, excited to learn, continuously improve, and iterate on a sales process to guide customers through their evaluation.
- You’re hungry, aggressive, a team player, and want to win.
- Excellent interpersonal communication; strong phone skills and clear and concise writing. Structured thinking.
- Have a curiosity about Artificial Intelligence and have a rudimentary understanding of what we do.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to client/partner/event sites as needed. (10% travel expected)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check