Signals Analytics (www.signals-analytics.com) is an Insights as a Service (IaaS) company that enables global brands to continuously experience the “aha moment” through Signals Playbook:trade_mark:, a cloud-based augmented intelligence platform that transforms diverse, unstructured and unconnected data into actionable insights that maximize product portfolio health, accelerate new product development and propel breakthrough innovation. Leading companies, including Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer, General Motors and 3M, have partnered with Signals Analytics to anticipate and react to change, optimize commercial decision making and drive superior business outcomes quicker and with less risk. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Qumra Capital and TPY Capital, Signals Analytics has been dubbed “The App Store for Innovation" by Forbes, was awarded Cool Vendor of 2016 by Gartner and has been honored the past two years as a Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Company.
Our Commercial team is growing and we are looking for a talented and business-minded Sales Engineer who is the primary technical resource in setting up client engagements. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the scoping and evaluation stage of the sales process, by working in conjunction with the Sales and Customer Success teams as the key technical advisor to execute product customization and deployment. The Sales Engineer must be able to clearly articulate technological capabilities, product fit, and business value to executive business users. You must be able to identify and modify all technical issues of proposed engagements to assure complete customer satisfaction throughout the sales process, and establish and maintain strong relationships with your prospects and clients.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and a broad base in the Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, Pharma or CPG Industries. He or she must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a developing organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. In addition to technical skills, Sales Engineers must possess strong presentation and business communication skills. Organized, analytical, and able to adhere to deadlines, this individual will be able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Team with the Enterprise Sales team with opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Concept presentations (POC), RFP responses & business justification in a presales capacity
- Oversee the adoption, optimization, and integration of Signals products within customers’ business infrastructure
- Work closely with Sales to identify revenue opportunities through the upsell of new services and contract renewals
- Evangelize new product features & provide customer feedback to Signals product management and engineering groups
- Assist the Customer Success team with the post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and escalation management
- Ensure timely resolution of customer issues by coordinating support responses
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer’s business as well as their technical environment
- Proposal preparation, writing, and pricing
- Support and contribute to marketing activities such as: blogging, articles, white papers and web content
- Serve as the primary contact and advisor for customers throughout the sales cycle
- 3+ years field pre-sales experience selling software to the F500 preferably in the Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, Pharma or CPG Industries
- BA, MBA- advantage
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Fluent in both written & spoken English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with sales to VP & C-Level - an advantage
- Experience in analytics or business intelligence - an advantage
- Business or management consulting experience with a known consulting firm - an advantage
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time