Sales Analytics and Operations Associate
SmartAsset is a financial technology company that uses data to provide free, actionable advice for big financial decision. This includes issues related to home buying, retirement, credit cards, life insurance, student loans, refinance and checking accounts. At the heart of our service is a decision engine and optimization tool that measures the efficacy of different strategies, quantifies the true cost of financing alternatives and recommends specific financial products based on their suitability and cost to your specific situation.
SmartAsset is the web's premier destination for financial advice, reaching an audience of more than 45 million people per month. We are a venture-backed, fintech company that licenses proprietary investment tools to over 120 websites, including the most notable names in financial news such as Yahoo Finance, Marketwatch, Barron’s, and Forbes. Our SmartAdvisor platform connects investors with local financial advisors in their area, empowering people to work with professional advisors and make smarter financial decisions. We recently raised our Series C ($28m) and have been featured in hundreds of publications, including the New York Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company and U.S. News & World Report.
As our very first sales analyst you’ll be managing our inbound lead flow, our sales reporting, and helping our head of sales prioritize what to focus on. Responsibilities include:
- Working with our Advisor sales and account management teams to get the most out of our advisor relationships, both current and prospective partnerships
- Working with our Investor concierge team to help manage the flow of investors seeking an advisor
- Become the in-house expert on our CRM system (AgileCRM)
- Keep finding opportunities for us to get more efficient; what are we doing today manually that could be simplified, streamlined, or automated? What have we already automated but could be doing better?
- Supervise the assigning of sales leads
- Help us continually improve by running A/B tests on our current practices to figure out what actually works best
- Manage weekly reporting across teams. Find ways we can more easily track and measure our performance as a team. Identify new ways to measure our performance that help us run our business smarter.
Love solving problems and making things run smoothly and efficiently. Someone who can help us build the machine and also run it at the same time. The ideal candidate should be:
- Organized, detail-oriented, and genuinely excited about “getting it right”, whatever you’re working on
- Passionate about figuring things out: a tinkerer who loves learning by doing and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and wade into the details
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work effectively without micromanagement
- Team player with strong communication abilities
- Comfortable in the fast-paced, high growth environment of a startup
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing ideas and strategies that can help our sales team succeed
- Comfortable with data: management, manipulation, visualization, and reporting
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Some knowledge of SQL
- Equipped with a minimum of 2 years of sales analytics and/or sales operations experience