Business Development Manager
We're on a mission to help people turn their curiosity into action. SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading survey platform enabling curious individuals and companies – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – to have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. Ask more. Know more. Do more. Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of outbound focused Business Development Representatives, generating prospects and pipeline for SurveyMonkey’s Mid-Market Sales Team. Within this fast-paced and high-growth environment you will motivate the team to hit targets and develop their skills as sales professionals. You will collaborate with the Sales, Marketing (Demand Gen), and Sales Operations teams to drive new business growth to achieve sales targets. Additionally, you will collaborate on improving sales processes, operations and performance metrics for the Business Development team. Finally, you will work to manage, hire, and train all new Business Development Representatives. This is a critical role for driving future business growth for SurveyMonkey.
- Motivate, manage, and coach the team of Business Development Representatives to develop a strong foundation of sales skills
- Hire and oversee onboarding and training for the team
- Build and create scalable sales strategies to grow the business and hit account acquisition targets
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure performance and quotas
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales Ops, and Sales team to optimize the inside sales processes and operations, in order to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
- Provide weekly activity reports and recommendations
- Achieve weekly and quarterly targets
- Create a culture that is in line with SurveyMonkey’s values
- You have 4+ years of sales experience, ideally in Software/Tech sales. SaaS experience strongly preferred. Ideally you have 1+ year of experience in a sales closing role (ie: Account Executive)
- You have minimum 2 years of experience managing or directly supervising a high growth team.
- You’ve consistently overachieved individual and team targets/quotas. You have demonstrated success in driving pipeline through inbound and outbound prospecting strategies.
- You’re highly analytical in the way you set goals and prioritize initiatives. You can draw a line between the company goals, team goals and individual member performance.
- You have experience in developing and implementing new sales strategies to grow the business, motivate the team, and improve operations.
- You can drive and manage cross-functional initiatives at scale – and in a high growth, changing environment.
- You have strong people management skills with a proven track record of motivating and developing talent. You’ve contributed to recruiting and leading a high-performing team of Account Development Reps (or SDRs/BDRs). You are a champion for your team, and truly love to help and see them succeed.
- You have experience with optimizing sales processes and CRM tools, such as Salesforce.com
- You have experience and passion for creating outstanding customer and employee experiences.
- You have ideally previously worked at a start up – and an established company.
- You are a naturally curious person who brings a desire to learn to work every day.