SMB Publisher Sales Manager
Taboola helps people find relevant content online, matching them with news stories, articles, blogs, videos, apps, products and other content they’re likely to want to explore. How do we know what they’ll like? Using machine-learning algorithms, our technology analyzes hundreds of signals to capture exactly what kind of content is most likely to engage each individual. We do that more than 450 billion times a month for more than one billion unique users. Since we opened our doors in 2006, we have grown to become the leading discovery platform on the open web, serving a combination of the world’s best brands and the most respected global publishers. Taboola is headquartered in New York City with local offices in Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Bangkok, São Paulo, Beijing, Shanghai, Istanbul, Seoul, Sydney and Tokyo.
Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is hiring a Manager for our SMB (Small to Medium Business) Publisher Sales team. This team is one of our fastest growing client segments in North America, helping small publishers compete and grow their audiences with Taboola’s content discovery platform.
- Lead a 12-person inside sales team responsible for executing the full sales cycle, including prospecting research, outreach, pitching, product demos, contract negotiation, and deal-closing in North America.
- Responsible for all training and coaching of employees on sales skills, negotiation tactics, presenting and on-boarding of new hires Innovate, evaluate, and implement sales processes and strategies in a complex and saturated market
- Work closely with Sales Operations to create a more efficient and functional sales environment
- Work closely with Sales Operations to evaluate, test, and approve sales software and sales tools
- Responsible for all personnel functions, selection of new hires, forecasting revenue, and evaluating employees' performance
- Director of Sales typically joins most mid-market calls and demos, given they are the top of the SMB market.The Director of Sales should have 3-5 years of experience closing in SaaS-style sales and be an expert negotiator
- 5+ years of sales experience with a successful track record of hitting, or exceeding, aggressive revenue goals
- 2+ years of leadership/management experience managing an inside sales team a must
- Demonstrated experience consistently meeting or exceeding target goals, hunting for deals, navigating organizational hierarchies and engaging VP and C-level executives to close business
- Experience in a lead generating, preferably at a digital media company
- Strong analytical skills to collect business intelligence by conversing with clients and monitoring/identifying trends in data and in generated reports to drive ROI for advertisers