Business Development Representative
thisopenspace is a platform for emerging and global brands to interact with their customers through physical space. Our mission is to make it possible for anyone to access retail space in top neighborhoods and global cities. We work at an exciting intersection of retail, real estate and tech, with a passion to fill the streets with interesting, ever-changing brand experiences.
thisopenspace is a smart retail service helping brands at all stages drive success through a real world presence. Combining a vast inventory of storefronts in desirable neighborhoods across the US and Canada with unparalleled expertise in retail, thisopenspace provides brands big and small with a seamless way to open retail stores. We work at an exciting intersection of retail, real estate and tech, with a passion to fill the streets with interesting, ever-changing brand experiences. We have offices in Toronto and New York, with ambitious plans for expansion.
We’re looking to add a Business Development Lead to our team to seek new business opportunities by researching, contacting, and developing relationships with potential customers. The Business Development Lead will surface qualified leads for local sales teams to further develop and close and will nurture accounts to increase business. The Business Development Lead will play a fundamental role in achieving our longterm customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
We’re making our mark: - High profile customers include H&M, Justin Timberlake, Adidas, and Xbox, to name a few. - Brands like Casper and Everlane use thisopenspace to test markets before opening permanent locations. - We’ve helped new brands establish themselves by opening up their first brick & mortar stores. - We’re venture-backed by top-tier investors who have funded the likes of Airbnb, Classpass, and DoorDash.
How we work: - We treat our processes like our product - we iterate, measure, and implement what works best. - Managers are here to help you work, and will give you the freedom and resources to do the best work of your life. - Everyone has input into how the team works - You’ll always be asked for your feedback.
- In collaboration with regional teams, research brands, organizations and individuals to identify new business opportunities.
- Utilize account mapping techniques to identify key players and decision makers for target accounts and identify new sources to develop lead lists.
- Build the top of thisopenspace’s brand funnel through outbound calling and emailing to startup and global brands.
- Create customized drip email campaigns according to email marketing best practices, A/B test subject lines, content and copy to maximize conversion and establish cadence to continuously engage prospective customers.
- Develop, test and iterate on calls scripts and email campaigns to effectively deliver thisopenspace’s value proposition, address common questions and overcome objections.
- Use your communication skills to develop rapport and cultivate relationships with brands and agencies, from first contact until hand-off to your sales team.
- Help increase the value of current customers by developing nurture campaigns and through regular and relevant follow-up.
- Deliver weekly funnel report to team lead covering conversion at each interaction as well as key learnings.
- You have 1-3 years of B2B sales experience in a quota-carrying role, ideally with an interest in retail, real estate and technology. You thrive in a quick sales cycle environment and have a track record of exceeding your targets.
- You have previous experience researching and developing leads.
- You’re an exceptional communicator who can build rapport quickly by email and phone. Your follow up skills are second to none.
- You understand that process and data rule the day and are able to manage your time and your priorities accordingly. Your CRM is your secret weapon.
- We’re driven by our core values, and you should be too. We look for team players who are ambitious, resourceful, and curious.
- You are accountable, transparent, and hold yourself to the highest integrity.
- We seek out entrepreneurs with “get it done” mentalities who can work well on small, collaborative teams. You know how to work efficiently and with conviction.