Sales Specialist, CNA - Federal
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world. Since our founding over two decades ago, our 24,000+ employee community and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries – from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation. Every day, we work to solve our customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more – to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation.
We are looking for a proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative Sales Specialist. The individual will sell VMware’s CNA products using an extended team that includes VMware’s core sales force, SEs, OEM partners and channel partners. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities directly and through channels. This extended team is driven to a common goal within an assigned territory.
- You will be selling across your assigned territory driving account sales strategy and establishing sales cadence with core account teams
- You are responsible for moving transactions through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure
- Adopt account portfolio sales enablement and strategy with channel partners
- You will collaborate with Systems Engineers, Product Management, - Marketing, Inside Sales and the Channel to ensure complete coverage of entire account portfolio.
- You will prospect new opportunities within your territory
- You will match the CNA solution to the customer’s mission needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- You will develop solution proposals, RFI/P encompassing all aspects of PKS
- You will work closely with Enterprise Architects, DevOps, Cloud Architects and senior IT executives to successfully move each opportunity through the evaluation process of the customer
- You will participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our value proposition
- 8+ years of experience in related software industry, with SaaS and/or subscription software sales experience.
- You have experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- You have experience selling software through Subscriptions, SaaS besides perpetual licensing. Open Source software experience a plus.
- You have experience in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SEs, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- You have the ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Experience selling platform products, such as Containers, Virtualization, Operating Systems, SAN systems, Databases, and other enterprise infrastructure
- Industry expertise in Cloud Native Applications, especially experience in selling to virtualization in enterprise IT departments
- Consistent track record of successful selling in a highly competitive environment
- You have experience to penetrate new “green-field” accounts and establish relationships at the senior leadership level or with relevant partners within accounts
- Able to own a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed at a time