Sales Specialist, CNA - Federal
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling unprecedented freedom and flexibility in how our customers build and evolve IT environments. With VMware solutions, organizations are improving business agility by modernizing data centers and integrating public clouds, driving innovation with modern apps, creating exceptional experiences by empowering the digital workspace, and safeguarding customer trust by transforming security. VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses.At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
We are looking for a proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative Sales Specialist. The individual will sell VMware’s CNA products using an extended team that includes VMware’s core sales force, SEs, OEM partners and channel partners. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities directly and through channels. This extended team is driven to a common goal within an assigned territory.
- You will be selling across your assigned territory driving account sales strategy and establishing sales cadence with core account teams
- You are responsible for moving transactions through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure
- Adopt account portfolio sales enablement and strategy with channel partners
- You will collaborate with Systems Engineers, Product Management, - Marketing, Inside Sales and the Channel to ensure complete coverage of entire account portfolio.
- You will prospect new opportunities within your territory
- You will match the CNA solution to the customer’s mission needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- You will develop solution proposals, RFI/P encompassing all aspects of PKS
- You will work closely with Enterprise Architects, DevOps, Cloud Architects and senior IT executives to successfully move each opportunity through the evaluation process of the customer
- You will participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our value proposition
- 8+ years of experience in related software industry, with SaaS and/or subscription software sales experience.
- You have experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- You have experience selling software through Subscriptions, SaaS besides perpetual licensing. Open Source software experience a plus.
- You have experience in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SEs, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- You have the ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Experience selling platform products, such as Containers, Virtualization, Operating Systems, SAN systems, Databases, and other enterprise infrastructure
- Industry expertise in Cloud Native Applications, especially experience in selling to virtualization in enterprise IT departments
- Consistent track record of successful selling in a highly competitive environment
- You have experience to penetrate new “green-field” accounts and establish relationships at the senior leadership level or with relevant partners within accounts
- Able to own a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed at a time